Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Mandolin Set-up E-Book by Rob Meldrum

Default Re: Mandolin Set-up E-Book by Rob Meldrum

Thank you for the ebook Rob. What an awesome community we have here!

Thanks so much for the e-book, Rob. Very helpful and thorough. I am a first-time mandolin owner and beginner player after having played guitar for a long time. I do a lot of guitar set up and repair as a hobby. I used your info to set up a used Kentucky km250 I found locally on CL.

Just like to say from a very cold and dare I say it snowy Wales in the UK many thanks for the ebook it will be very useful for me

Fender FM52E, this was a very important gift to me, now I can try to play it!! Thanks Rob, from Italy.

Yet more kudos to Rob for the ebook on setup. Great information. Thanks Rob!

Thanks very much for your fast reply and thanks for the ebook and links. Very useful!

I received Rob's ebook this morning (or last night). I just finished reading it and his writing style is excellent. The way he has written the book on how to set up the mandolin gives confidence to those who will be setting up their mandolin.

I liked his feeler gauge "hack" on making nut slot files/saws.

Well written and will use in future.
    I can only play half as much as I want, because I only play half as much as I would like.

Thank you, Rob for the videos and the ebook. Great resource!

I have set up many flat top and archtop guitars over the years so I am familiar with the basics addressed in this book, but I really appreciate (a lot) all the mando specific informations, especially the target measurements and some of the insights. Those who are new to instrument set up will have enough to give them confidence and get them going.

Developping resources like these takes a lot of time and effort, not to mention personally distributing it to everyone who asks for it. It is incredibly generous. Thanks again!

Wanted to send out a thanks to Mr. Meldrum. Really cool that someone would take the time to send this out to so many folks, and so quickly. Thank you sir.

Thanks for the e-book! Really put in an easy to understand way. Highly recommend. I'm very new to mandolin, it helped immensely!

Quote Originally Posted by Mandofin View Post
    Wanted to send out a thanks to Mr. Meldrum. Really cool that someone would take the time to send this out to so many folks, and so quickly. Thank you sir.
    I'm piggybacking on your sentiment to send a thanks to Mr. Meldrum too.

I bought my wife her first mandolin—an entry-level Ibanez—for her birthday this week. I read a great deal about tuning and set-up prior to gifting it to her, and even though I had it in tune and intonated, I learned there is still so much more that I can do to make hers more playable.

Got it today and I haven't had a chance to put it into practice yet, but it seems amazing! Tons of info and I can't wait to get my mandolin better.

Thanks so much Rob. I got my mandolin playing much better now. Despite your very clear warnings I filed one of the nut slots too deep but was able to shim the nut and re-file. Otherwise everything went as planned. Listen to Rob people!

Another shout out for Rob's book. Once my nut files come in the mail, I will start cutting my own nut slots.

yep. one of the best music related online docs i've ever used. And free too. Thanks Rob.

My thoughts exactly! I had an old Reghin mandolin that my dad bought me decades ago but found it too difficult to play. I set it up using this book and it's starting to sing. I was going to buy a 'better' instrument but this had sentimental value so I'm really pleased to be putting the hours in on it now instead of keeping it in its box. Thanks Rob.

I requested Rob's excellent book yesterday and he emailed it within the hour. Thanks very much, Rob for your generosity. Top bloke.

Chris

I Mailed Rob from here in the UK and downloaded my ebook within 10 minutes thanks Rob for your very generous gift as a newbie to the mandolin this will be very helpful to me...

Thanks for the great book, Rob! I had lost my original copy through cyber-mismanagement (my own, no doubt), and now that I'm finally getting around to some serious bridge and nut work, I need the book for the essential guidance it provides.

I really appreciate receiving this book. I am totally new to the mandolin, and my buddy just introduced me to this forum and this book. Thank you both for the much needed helping hands.

I've been remiss in not thanking Rob earlier. This is a great book and has helped me dial in both of my mandolins. Even though my A Jr came with a good setup, as did my LM-220, was able to take good and make it better.

Thank you for the ebook. As I expected, it's all too scary to do myself. But maybe if I can find some of these tools I can at least test mine to see if I should pay someone else to do the work.

Thanks for the cool ebook!

Thanks for the Mandolin Setup book Rob!

Thank you so much. What complete instructional information.