Thread: Add a picture to a classified from an iPad

Default Add a picture to a classified from an iPad

I can't seem to do this. When I click on the link and enter my password the "choose file" button does not come available. Is ther another way to add an image short of going to my PC?
    Thanks.
    Joe
    Eastman 804V
    Kentucky KM-505
    Banjos - Deering Goodtime 19 Fret Tenor & 5 string
    Guitars:

2006 Taylor GS5 - For Sale
    2014 Taylor 114e
    1986 Martin MC28 Acoustic/Electric
    Holden Village Taylor GS Mini & Mahogany GS Mini

Blog Entries

Default Re: Add a picture to a classified from an iPad

Mobile Apple products can't upload images from their browser like PC or Apple desktops and laptops. The limitation is the Apple product. We do not have an app for uploading images to the Classifieds.

You didn't ask but there is one for the forum called ForumRunner that allows you to upload from your photo library. It's $1.99 I believe. Not particularly a fan of the app but it does the trick with images.

Since your not a fan of the app what's the bugaboo about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Tichenor View Post
    Mobile Apple products can't upload images from their browser like PC or Apple desktops and laptops. The limitation is the Apple product. We do not have an app for uploading images to the Classifieds.

You didn't ask but there is one for the forum called ForumRunner that allows you to upload from your photo library. It's $1.99 I believe. Not particularly a fan of the app but it does the trick with images.
    Thanks Scott. On other forums that are not related to musical instruments (i.e. eham.net) I can do it. I realize it's partially the implementation of the forum and appreciate all the hard work you put into this project!

My dream as I drift toward retirement is to get rid of my computers. I've been working with the D&*mn things since 1961. I guess it won't happen in my lifetime as long as I want to upload images and copy songs form CD's to mp3's. Oh Well.

Joe
    Eastman 804V
    Kentucky KM-505
    Guitars:

2014 Taylor 114e

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by joemcg View Post
    Thanks Scott. On other forums that are not related to musical instruments (i.e. eham.net) I can do it. I realize it's partially the implementation of the forum and appreciate all the hard work you put into this project!

My dream as I drift toward retirement is to get rid of my computers. I've been working with the D&*mn things since 1961. I guess it won't happen in my lifetime as long as I want to upload images and copy songs form CD's to mp3's. Oh Well.

Joe
    Our Classifieds are not hosted through the forum or its software. Maybe that's not clear. They're unrelated other than being on this site and have an entirely different set of safety walls in place for business.

Blog Entries

Also, there's a lot more to this. Someone always points out other forums host their Classifieds just like discussions. That is certainly possible but we've engineered about 4-5 layers of protection against spam and fraud through our Classifieds that we don't advertise and you can't do this with the forum software without a large team of programmers and other sites doing this aren't providing you that protection. Sorry, registering for a forum doesn't protection anyone from fraud. Most of this is Dan Beimborn and myself and we've been collectively working on the Classifieds for over 15 years.

Understand. You're doing a heck of a job and I don't envy you. I teach Cisco networking and security classes at a community college. Actually sitting here typing this in while my students are taking a final, so I understand.
    Joe
    Eastman 804V
    Kentucky KM-505
    Guitars:

2014 Taylor 114e