Thread: F5 1987 "in good condition"

Exclamation F5 1987 "in good condition"

It doesn't look to good from these photos:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mandolin-F5-...-/161041719844

Default Re: F5 1987 "in good condition"

The luthier missed some of the more important details for it to qualify as "excellent workmanship" but for a first effort, it doesn't look too bad for $1500. Wonder how it sounds.........

Len B.
    Clearwater, FL

I've seen a lot worse and many more tries. Color looks decent. The important thing is not in the looks but how does it play and sound. I wouldn't even gather up the materials to build one for $1500.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by f5loar View Post
    I've seen a lot worse and many more tries. Color looks decent. The important thing is not in the looks but how does it play and sound. I wouldn't even gather up the materials to build one for $1500.
    Amen,just what I was going to say f5, I'm like my Uncle Dick Smith, don't give a ______ what they look like as long as it has the sound! Also for a #1 She looks pretty darn good to me,I don't believe I could pull that off? My Gramps, William Howard Smith Sr. made a bunch of about 20-25 mandolins that are out there that some don't look too good but some sound pretty good. Not bad for a sick man with caveman tools! If anyone has one PLEASE get a hold of me as I would really appreciate owning an original. Mine was redone because of serious issues!