Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Eddie Blevins F-5 Mandolin Build

Loarcutus of MandoBorg DataNick's Avatar

Default Re: My Eddie Blevins F-5 Mandolin Build

Gotta wait till Turkey Day Bro?

Should be a great holiday for ya!

Congrats! and Best of Pickin' with that great-lookin new mando!
    1994 Gibson F5L - Weber signed

"Mandolin brands are a guide, not gospel! I don't drink koolaid and that Emperor is naked!"
    "If you wanna get soul Baby, you gots to get the scroll..."
    "I would rather play music anyday for the beggar, the thief, and the fool!"
    "Perfection is not attainable; but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence" Vince Lombardi
    Playing Style: RockMonRoll Desperado Bluegrass Desperado YT Channel

2. The following members say thank you to DataNick for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by DataNick View Post
    Gotta wait till Turkey Day Bro?

Should be a great holiday for ya!

Congrats! and Best of Pickin' with that great-lookin new mando!
    Unfortunately it's the truth....can't get it here before then unless if something breaks.....My wife and I are flying out on LAN to head home for Turkey day this year with my Kentucky momma and the fam.

Blog Entries

Very nice mandolin, I like the simple appointments on this one, goes to show you don't need all the fancy cosmetic stuff to get a great looking and I'm sure great sounding instrument, and for the price pretty hard to beat on an American piece of hardware. Too darn many mandolins out there so little $$$

5. The following members say thank you to William Smith for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrasser78 View Post
    Very nice mandolin, I like the simple appointments on this one, goes to show you don't need all the fancy cosmetic stuff to get a great looking and I'm sure great sounding instrument, and for the price pretty hard to beat on an American piece of hardware. Too darn many mandolins out there so little $$$
    Hmmm I know what you mean... Eddies U$S 1800 price-point was right in line with my budget constraints. The truth is, there are so many really good builders out there building small quantities of great mandolins if you do the research. I could have had Eddie put me together a much blingier mandolin but I really love simplicity and wood....I just wanted a nice simple finish and be able to see lot's of the nice natural grain of the mandolin. I like the Gibson F-9 kinda look so I asked him for something along those lines.
    If you like bling, you need to see some of the pictures of Nic's mandolin who Eddie also built...Nic and I are sorta sharing this thread. His mandolin has a real nicer glossy laquer finish and the Gold plated grovers and Monteleone tailpiece looks like.