Thread: Unsubscribe Threads

Default Unsubscribe Threads

Is there a convenient way to unsubscribe from threads that don't have new posts? I don't see an option on these except to open the thread and unsubscribe under actions. This doesn't allow me to go directly back to the subscription list. Difficult.
    Tom

"Feel the wood."
    Luthier Page: Facebook

Blog Entries

Default Re: Unsubscribe Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tommando View Post
    Is there a convenient way to unsubscribe from threads that don't have new posts? I don't see an option on these except to open the thread and unsubscribe under actions. This doesn't allow me to go directly back to the subscription list. Difficult.
    Sounds like you went in and set a default of subscribing to every thread you've posted or created. That could get real tedious real fast. So, is there a system wide subscribe from all? Not that I'm aware of. You don't say why you're asking this but I'm assuming it's because you're getting too many notifications or don't like seeing the list you're subscribed to. May not matter. If you haven't already you need to go into General Settings and turn subscriptions off. How many are you talking about? I wouldn't think this would be a big deal unless you're subscribed to say 30-40 or more.

Yes, sometime back I changed the general setting thinking that I chose for it to send me an email every time there is a post to a thread I've subscribed to, but didn't realize I turned on automatic subscribing. So now I get too many emails about things that I just had a passing interest in. Went in today and reset that, but discovered that I'm subscribed to 183 threads. If one shows up on the recent post list there's an option to unsubscribe, but no such option on the general list. It's not a huge problem, but I'm trying to do a little house cleaning.
    Tom

"Feel the wood."

Blog Entries

Why don't you hang on for a day or two. There appears to be a database command to do this but we'd need to back up the entire forum first. Doubt it's risky but no reason to take a chance.

Blog Entries

OK, check now. Dan just ran this command for me after backing up the database. Let me know how it looks.

Perfect. That emptied my subscriptions folder completely. Thanks, guys.
    Tom

"Feel the wood."