Thread: SoundCloud test

Blog Entries

Default SoundCloud test

Someone asked about SoundCloud player embedding into the forum. I've added that capability and it seems to be working. There's a SoundCloud icon in the Advanced posting mode on the bottom right next to the TAB button. You click, it'll enter the BB code and you place the URL/web address of the Soundcloud file between the BB tags and away you go. I'll let someone else (please) describe the finer points of what Soundcloud is. I run into these files on occasion but otherwise don't have much experience with them. Example below:

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scott Tichenor For This Useful Post:

Default Re: SoundCloud test

Great! Thanks Scott!!!

Blog Entries

So the above is coded as shown below. You can manually type this or use the Soundcloud icon in Advanced posting mode to insert the code and then put the web address between those tags. (Click to enlarge image below)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	soundcloud.gif 
Views:	144 
Size:	1.8 KB 
ID:	102876

Soundcloud is basically a free music hosting site. It does offer premier memberships that lets you do more than just its basic features offer as well. Its sort of like a musical version of facebook (lets you follow/have followers, join or create groups and share/collaberate with others). A great tool for those who want to share or put out ideas, songs, or just track and follow your favorite artists from around the world.

Is there a setting on Foxfire or somethingto make this work. When I click play on the embedded SoundCloud file it scrolls through the spectrum visual like it is going to play it, then doesn't play anything. When I click play again, it plays about one second of the clip and stops. It continues doing that as long as I click play. If I go to the SoundCloud link and click play, it plays normally.
    Tom

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain
    Luthier Page: Facebook

Just trying out this new SoundCloud facility you have enabled, Scott. Here is one of my tunes from my SoundCloud page:

Seems to work, so many thanks for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommando View Post
    Is there a setting on Foxfire or somethingto make this work. When I click play on the embedded SoundCloud file it scrolls through the spectrum visual like it is going to play it, then doesn't play anything. When I click play again, it plays about one second of the clip and stops. It continues doing that as long as I click play. If I go to the SoundCloud link and click play, it plays normally.

You need to install adobe flash player in Firefox to get it to work Tom. http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Then it should all be good. Heres a link that was embedded using Firefox after I installed Adobe. Seems to work.

Thanks Shortymack, but I still have the same problem.
    Tom

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

Try deleting then re-installing Firefox then adobe again. If that doesnt work you can always switch to chrome or IE. Hope you get it worked out.

Noticed that my link and your demo have just modified into a written link rather than the SoundCloud one you had when you opened this thread, Scott. is this happening to anyone else? I use Google Chrome.

Research indicates it could be caused by Ad Blocker, but turning that off for Mandolin Cafe doesn't change anything. I'm not going to worry about it because it is too much trouble, I'm not a big fan of soundcloud, and I can always click the link.
    Tom

Well, my PC crashed after the thunderstorms (actually when I plugged it back in), so I fired up an old Mac and the embedded soundcloud files work just fine.
    Tom