Thread: To All Mando-Vets

Constantly In Search Of.. Michael Bridges's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default To All Mando-Vets

I know Memorial Day is a time to remember those folks over our history who have made the ultimate sacrifice in the service of this country. Just thought I'd also take this chance to shout-out to all the Cafe members who have served, in whatever branch, and just say "Thank You". Your sacrifices and hard work make it possible for me to sit here on a Monday and enjoy my family. I respect and honor each and every one of you.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Michael Bridges For This Useful Post:

Default Re: To All Mando-Vets

Speaking of those who have served... I have made many amazing connections with my music charity... Over Memorial Day weekend I re-discovered this great organization... http://soldiersongsandvoices.org/ssv/ They provide free guitar and songwriting instruction to veterans, especially those wounded (physically and mentally) and in need of a healthy outlet. Since I wish to spread music to kids and adults, I offered my services in the north jersey area. If there are interested parties, I would gladly find an instrument to donate, and honestly songwriting lessons are my favorite! In fact I would like to offer more than just free guitar instruction, any instrument actually... Maybe push the mandolin??? Why not? Sometimes people do not have interest in a mandolin until one is put in their hands! Check the link out folks, who knows you may be able to help someone out... would be great to see people across country volunteering a little time here and there. And besides no better way to support the troops... then to actually provide some kind of support!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ShawnLeonhardt For This Useful Post: