Thread: Lloyd Loar's Hometown Bluegrass Festival

Blog Entries

Default Lloyd Loar's Hometown Bluegrass Festival

Hi everyone! I'm new to this site and would love to connect with others interested in Lloyd Loar. Please check the events calender to see the details regarding the festival that we have scheduled June 28-30th in Loar's memory. We'd love to see you there!

Blessings,
    Whole-Hearted

Default Re: Lloyd Loar's Hometown Bluegrass Festival

Where do we check exactly ? I'm pretty sure there's a couple folks here with some interest.

That's just a little over a month's notice. Most pickers have already planned out their Festival plans long before now especially on a summer schedule. To me the best place to honor Mr. Loar would be Kalamazzo, MI where he was noted for doing his best accomplishments.

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

Dobe (and anyone else) - Go to the Calendar link at the top of the page, then to the date mentioned. Or go here. And scroll. And scroll. Busy time of year.

Fair point, f5loar. If someone in Kalamazoo wants to do that, they're welcome to, of course. I reckon the organizers are from somewhere near Lewistown IL, though.

BTW, Whole-Hearted, that listing needs some editing. The images didn't take, and may need to be embedded. Also, a website, if there is one would be really helpful. Good luck!
    But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

Blog Entries

Thanks for your interest, Dobe! The events calender link at the top of this page will take you to the details. If you would like for me to send you a copy of the brochure, I'd certainly be glad to do that! Thanks again! Whole-Hearted

Blog Entries

F5Loar, Sorry for the short notice. This is our first year and I'm just learning the ropes of all the good places to publicize. Regardless, some folks may be interested and able to come even at a months notice. Regarding location, I'd say the best place to hold such an event is where there are folks willing and able to sacrifice their time and their resources to do so, wouldn't you?

Blog Entries

Thanks for your response, journeybear. I apprec. you assistance, your suggestions and your best wishes.