Thread: VT bluegrass

Is there anything going on in Vermont between Thrus. Feb 17 and Sun Feb 20? I'll be in Waterbury, VT. Going to visit a friend whose mother passed away two days ago at 52 years old. I'm thinking some good music might be a nice distraction for him. We're willing to drive a fair distance (2-3 hours). Any input would be appreciated.

Piece
    Matt

Joe Val fest in Framingham Ma.( BBU.org) might be a good choice. It is a good drive,and hotels are booked, but wandering the halls in search or good company could find a spot of floor to rest on. My condolences to your friend and his family and I hope you are able to provide some solace in this most difficult time-Joe

There's a big rock in the road...

Paul Wheeler
    Greenfield, NH; formerly Jericho and St. Albans, VT

You might find it helpful to browse www.vtbluegrass.org for some leads. Your schedule just misses the every-Wednesday bluegrass thing at Holiday Inn in Burlington (conflicts with my kid's ice-hockey schedule keep me from knowing anything first-hand about this).

My condolences to your friend, please tell him somebody who commutes past Waterbury every day wishes him well. -- Paul
    He joyously felt himself idling, an unreflective mood in which water was water, sky was sky, breeze was breeze. He knew it couldn't last. -- Thomas McGuane, "Nothing but Blue Skies"

Paul Wheeler
    Greenfield, NH; formerly Jericho and St. Albans, VT

Another thought, if you're into Celtic, there is an Irish fiddler Denis Liddy appearing in Richmond (next town on the way to Burlington) on Feb 19. I'll be happy to forward the notification I received, contact me directly pwheeler@nationallife.com or inquire from the source JoyceH@burton.com -- Paul
    He joyously felt himself idling, an unreflective mood in which water was water, sky was sky, breeze was breeze. He knew it couldn't last. -- Thomas McGuane, "Nothing but Blue Skies"