Thread: TRIO - HAMILTON DE HOLANDA`s NEW ALBUM is on ITUNES first !!!!!!

Default TRIO - HAMILTON DE HOLANDA`s NEW ALBUM is on ITUNES first !!!!!!

I am happy to anounce that HAMILTON DE HOLANDA new album TRIO is out let me know if you like this ensemble

Hamilton de Holanda (10-string mandolin);
    Thiago Serrinha (percussion);
    André Vasconcellos (double bass).

you can download at ITUNES
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/trio-feat.-thiago-da-serrinha/id640591781

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Captura de Tela 2013-04-26 às 19.13.05.png 
Views:	197 
Size:	313.3 KB 
ID:	101344

Hamilton de Holanda TRIO - Release

Virtuosic, brilliant and unique are some of the adjectives to describe this musician who thrills audiences around the world, building a career of countless awards. With superb technique and absolute Brazilianness, either on stage or in the studio, Hamilton takes the breath away with interpretations and performances full of emotion. His versatility allows him to perform with property in any formation.

His latest work, HAMILTON DE HOLANDA TRIO, has a universal nature and an immediate identification with any audience in the world without affecting its 100% essentially Brazilian nature. It is formed by Hamilton de Holanda (10-string mandolin), Thiago Serrinha (percussion) and André Vasconcellos (double bass). Such formation recreates the best of two worlds: the acoustic intimacy and virtuosic density that Hamilton normally emanates in his solo concerts plus the characteristic pressure and joy featured in Hamilton de Holanda Quintet’s work.

André Vasconcellos comes from a family with musical background. He is a reference point in Brazilian bass music and has played with Hamilton for a long time. This friendship has built a symbiosis – they know and trust each other’s note paths. Thiago da Serrinha, percussionist, born and raised in the Rio`s Favelas, has the tradition of ‘’Jongo da Serrinha"- a cultural manifestation associated with African culture in Brazil with a powerful influence on the construction of the genre known today as "Samba" - running in his blood and name.
    Hamilton, aged 37 and 32 years of professional career, started playing at 5. Since then, he has been regarded as a prodigy. At the age of 6, he was entitled to a performance on "Fantastico’’, the most popular Brazilian TV evening show. Nowadays, around the world, he is a transgressor of the mandolin and creator of the technique of playing the 10-string mandolin, freeing the emblematic Brazilian instrument legacy from some of its influences and genres as well as featuring a new artistic language and rejuvenating the image of the Bandolim, also known as Mandolin.

Hamilton de Holanda`s signature is identified in his solos. His way of playing, the increased number of strings and the delicacy of his picking combined with the speed solos and improvisations inspired a new generation and a new sound. Whether it is jazz, samba, rock, pop, lundu or Choro, little does it matter. Hamilton`s search is for simplicity, music focused on beauty and spontaneity, not necessarily new. In his view, there is a new world full of possibilities and his guiding principle is "Modern is Tradition". What is important is not the past or the future, but the intersection between them both, the exact point at which they blend, right here, right now, the present moment, the "is" - here and now.

The repertoire covers Hamilton’s new compositions and some of the 24 "Caprices" he composed, inspired by Paganini’s Caprices, to serve as a method of studying the 10-string mandolin. In addition, there are songs by other composers and great Brazilian musicians like Chico Buarque, João Bosco and Baden Powell. Each show is different because improvisation and interaction with the audience dictate the direction we go in. Fasten your seatbelts and get ready with love and care to get loose.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mportinari For This Useful Post:

Default Re: TRIO - HAMILTON DE HOLANDA`s NEW ALBUM is on ITUNES first !!!

Very nice album ! worth to buy, thanks for the information !
    Pietro Bono

4. The following members say thank you to Pietrobono for this post:

Caprichos fantásticas!!! Thank you!!!
    *mandolin mind, beginner mind*

6. The following members say thank you to Amy Burcham for this post:

Thumbs up Re: TRIO - HAMILTON DE HOLANDA`s NEW ALBUM is on ITUNES first !!!

I have had Trio running in my car and through my head for three straight days - it's beautiful, everything on it. And so nice to hear Hamilton playing with this spare and tasteful support. His compositions are unfailingly intriguing, it feels like we are just listening to him think, and the thoughts are always generous. He plays the bandolim like other people sing.

I had a 5-hour drive to make Sunday, and this submersion into the new CD prompted a reconnection with his 2011 release with Andre Mehmari, gismontipascoal. Where Trio is delightfully cerebral, and both are emotionally rich, gismontipascoal contains some of the finest interpretations I've ever heard of these indescribably beautiful and spiritually connected pieces, works by two composers who had already shaken my psyche up pretty thoroughly. I can't quite find the words to describe the feeling of completion I have hearing the treatments on this CD - definitive, yeah, certainly. But more than that. This CD is a healing force.

I would feel bad hijacking a thread about Trio except for two things: I keep wanting to hear first one, then the other, and between the two there is a kind of complimentary empathy where one extends the other's message. Is that enough rambling for you? The other reason is that while gismontipascoal is easy to hear but hard to purchase for us North Americanos e Americanas, I have just discovered that Adventure Music is about to release it in the US May 13!!!

So truly - get them both - this is music for spring - you can feel the seeds of rebirth sprouting. Thanks to Hamilton and to Marcos for continuing, in their respective ways, to share such nourishing soul food with us all.
    *mandolin mind, beginner mind*

My dear Amy Burcham and everyone

We work for that

another important thing for whoever is curious to listen to trio

http://www.hamiltondeholanda.com/pt/discos/trio

you can listen at our website

also gismonti pascoal
    http://www.hamiltondeholanda.com/pt/...ismontipascoal

[QUOTE So truly - get them both - this is music for spring - you can feel the seeds of rebirth sprouting. Thanks to Hamilton and to Marcos for continuing, in their respective ways, to share such nourishing soul food with us all.[/QUOTE]