Thread: Thanks to Folkmusician.com!

Thumbs up Thanks to Folkmusician.com!

Hey,

If anyone is considering a purchase from folkmusician.com, I highly recommend them. Robert was a really nice guy and helped me get exactly what I was looking for with a new the Loar LM-700-VS. The intonation is perfect all over the fretboard, the action is great, and I love the CA bridge upgrade. I couldn't be happier with the setup that Robert did. My friend, who owns a beautiful Flatiron and has been playing mandolin for much longer than I, was also very impressed and couldn't put the 700 down. She sounds amazing! Kudos to Robert and folkmusician.com

Joel

Default Re: Thanks to Folkmusician.com!

Robert is awesome. I got a simple Revival A-style mandolin from him last February (which I believe he no longer carries), and am to this day super impressed by the setup and playability, because the other couple of mandolins I've owned have come to me nigh-unplayable due to terrible setups (one of them is with a friend of mine now; the other I finally paid someone to fix up and now it's great). +1 for kudos to Robert and folkmusician.com!

Couldn't agree more. Robert did a super set-up on The Loar I purchased from him and was one of the most pleasant people I have ever dealt with via phone. He was patient with my questions and didn't act like I was wasting his valuable time like some local music store personel I've dealt with. The instrument sounds and plays great. Would highly recommend Robert and Folkmusician.com.
    Lennie Lowery
    Kentucky KM-1500
    The Loar LM-700
    J Bovier A5 Special
    MK Dragonfly Flame Custom

I see this is your first post, so welcome! My first post here was also thanking Robert at Folkmusician.com. He's a great guy -- very easy to deal with. Robert is very well respected on the Cafe. If you're looking Robert, thanks again from me too!

I hope this question is not too troublesome, i'm sorry if it is.

I wanted to ask to compare the set up services provided for by folkmusician vs. elderly. There is a kentucky mandolin I'm interested in buying and elderly offers it for about $70 cheaper. Wondering if you guys have any insight as to why purchasing from one site might be a better idea than from the other.

I've not dealt with Elderly, but I can't see anyone doing a better jon than Folkmusician. Honestly, that was the best and most satisfying sales transaction I've ever had. Just pain free and awesome.

BTW, his setup on my LM-700 was also the best I have played. He has done so many that he's just REALLY good.
    2005 Rigel G5 #2196
    2005 Phoenix Jazz #400
    1988 Jeff Traugott Acoustic #4
    2012 Eastman 905 Archtop Guitar, BLOND!

Remember to grin while you pick, it throws folks off!

I've heard good things about Elderly, I think they'd probably do a good job, but in comparison I'd read SO many good things about Folkmusician.com on the Cafe site, that for the Loar 700, Robert seemed like the way to go. Knowing how well my mandolin plays now, and given the tone she puts out, I'd gladly pay $70 extra again.

Searching for the Sound

thrilled with the setup on my new Eastman 505 ... could not be happier ....
    - 2013 Eastman MD 505
    - 2013 Fender MandoStrat
    - 2021 Eastman MD815