Thread: Modern Mandolin hits???

Default Modern Mandolin hits???

Hey everyone, I'm new to the website and new to the beautiful instrument that is the mandolin, but I'm having trouble finding out how to play some of the songs I like
    I'm in need of help, I'm looking for how to play the Lumineers (Ho Hey and others) Imagine Dragons (It's Time) Snow Patrol (Fallen Empires and any more that you can find) and any thing by Mumford & Sons, Ed Sheeran or Of Monsters & Men.
    Thanks

Default Re: Modern Mandolin hits???

Here's a pretty good video of a cover of the Lumineers' song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95e7y9Y5VtY

The video has a nice inset shot of the chording hand for the shapes that they're playing. My advice on the others is, if you can't find a mandolin version, just find the chords for the song (guitar sites have almost any song that's on the radio) and figure out the rhythm by listening real close.

Some of the veterans around here will probably be able to point you to a couple of good resources, too.

3. The following members say thank you to JackTripper for this post:

Thanks mate! I really appreciate it!

Not a problem. Wish I could've been more help, but I'm pretty new to the community, too.

Check out http://www.chordie.com/ they give guitar chords to the songs but you can click on the chord diagrams to transpose them to mandolin chord diagrams, also a facility to change the key you wish to do the song in and it automatically alters the chords to suit.
    I know lot's of things about nothing and nothing about lot's of things.