Thread: Greenburst Hinde Mandolin

Default Greenburst Hinde Mandolin

Just wanted to post a few pics of my new custom Hinde mandolin. I would like to send a special thanks to Steve Hinde for exceptional service getting this mandolin to me. Steve is great to deal with and most of all builds a great mandolin. I love the custom color and it has a great woody tone with sweet highs and a great midrange punch. If you are not familiar with Hinde mandolins check out Special Consensus's latest cd "Scratch Gravel Road". There mandolin player Rick Faris plays a Hinde mandolin and it sounds great. They also can be seen on youtube. Thanks again Steve for a great mandolin.

Default Re: Greenburst Hinde Mandolin

I am glad you are posting this. I had looked at an A5 he had in the classifieds and saw his website a while back. The A5 seemed like a real good deal. I also saw that he works with walnut sometimes, which I like. I saw that Rick Faris is endorsing them and remember Ricks custom guitar builds(and a few mandolins) he shared on YouTube a few years ago and was impressed with those. He seems to like those Black mandolins quite a bit also. "That ain't no part of nothin'"...
    Last edited by OldGus; Feb-08-2013 at 9:49pm.

Yeah oldgus, that A5 looked good. I would definitely recommend that you email or call Steve if you are interested in one of his mandolins. He is very helpful and easy to deal with. I've owned about 24 mandolins over the years and this mandolin ranks among the best that I've had. He is really getting his mandolins dialed in. If you contact him tell him jeff graves referred you. I have no financial interest he has just become a friend. I am having trouble posting pics I will get them up shortly.

greenburst Hinde mandolin pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0129.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	113.8 KB 
ID:	98112   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0128.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	98113   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0126.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	98114  

5. The following members say thank you to jgraves1 for this post:

Sorry for the glare and shadows in these pics, I took them with my smartphone. It is a beauty.

I love that finish, absolutely gorgeous. the front reminds me of moss agate:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Moss-Agate-Pendant-P279.jpg 
Views:	328 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	98276

Thanks rb3868 its very unique. I really like the custom color. I wanted something a little different this time. It sounds great too. Steve Hinde builds a great mandolin.

He sure does. He is definitely on my "short list" if I should have a long-lost rich uncle...