Thread: Radial ToneBone

Default Radial ToneBone

My new Weber has a K & K pickup, which I played through a Radial ToneBone over the weekend at a gig. It's a very nice combination - there are two inputs, and a "piezo buster" option at the inputs. The K & K seems pretty hot, so it works great without choosing that option. But my Martin 6 string has a passive Baggs UST, so that option works great for my particular guitar set up. There's an adjustable stomp boost that's nice for guitar leads or parts on some tunes, but I don't need to do that with the mando because it's pretty flexible in terms of volume. There's also a mute button.

The two inputs have independent volume controls, but only one set of EQ features that apply to both ins. I've fiddled with it enough to find a range that sounds good for both instruments, but that might be a concern for some - but there are obviously other ways to deal with that.

It's a pretty nice tool to look at for those interested in such things.

Default Re: Radial ToneBone

I agree. It's a great piece of gear. K&K + ToneBone PZ-Pre provides the best plugged in sound I've found. The ToneBone is built like a tank, too. The only thing I don't like is the provided wall wart power supply.
    2010 Heiden A5, 2020 Pomeroy oval A, 2013 Kentucky KM1000 F5, 2012 Girouard A Mandola w ff holes, 2001 Old Wave A oval octave
    http://HillbillyChamberMusic.bandcamp.com
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/@hillbillychambermusic

Quote Originally Posted by Don Grieser View Post
    I agree. It's a great piece of gear. K&K + ToneBone PZ-Pre provides the best plugged in sound I've found. The ToneBone is built like a tank, too. The only thing I don't like is the provided wall wart power supply.
    Agree 100%

Does anyone know of any options for a case in which to store/carry the PZ Pre? Hopefully something with a bit of padding to protect against bumps etc...