Thread: The Pete Martin Interview

Fetches news & information NewsFetcher's Avatar

Default The Pete Martin Interview

The Mandolin Cafe has posted the following news release:
    The Pete Martin Interview

JazzMando.com's Ted Eschliman pays a visit to Mandolin Magazine columnist Pete Martin, owner of Petimar Press, publishers of theory studies for stringed instruments.

---------------------------

NOTE: You may use your board membership to comment on news articles published by the Mandolin Cafe. Your comments will appear here and also will be appended to the end of the news article for public viewing. Standard board membership posting guidelines apply.
    Posts belonging to this account are created by a software task, not a human. Don't understand what that means? This information will explain how this post got here.

2. The following members say thank you to NewsFetcher for this post:

Default Re: The Pete Martin Interview

A very good interview with Pete, whom I've known for years. Thanks Ted and Pete.
    KMUZ Community Radio
    www.kmuz.org

This Kid Needs Practice Bill Clements's Avatar

Congrats on the accolades, Pete!
    You've been helpful to many here on the Cafe, and no doubt in your studio as well.
    "Music is the only noise for which one is obliged to pay." ~ Alexander Dumas

I just met Pete last night for the first time! I'm a beginner, having just started taking Mandolin lessons from his wife Carol. The two of them are so committed to teaching, and more importantly, having fun with it. It's so cool just to watch the two of them playing, with huge grins, while motivating their students. So funny to see this article today!

You couldn't have picked a better person for this extra publicity. He really is dedicated to helping everyone in the Pacific Northwest improve their playing. You forgot to mention one thing in the interview, he's funny as hell too!
    Geoff Hodge

Smile Re: The Pete Martin Interview

Thanks for the kind words on Pete. When I was interested in learning to play my Grandfather's old Gibson, I called around and Pete was very interested in what I wanted to learn and started me from the very beginning. He was a patient and enthusiastic professional and encouraged me to get more involved with my instrument and the mandolin community. Thanks Pete - I'm still playing and enjoying every minute!

Pete's been an inspiration to many of us who live in the Seattle area for years. A great player and a dedicated teacher. Nice to see him get some of the spotlight. It's well-deserved.

Haven't known Pete for a very long time but I have the utmost respect for him and his teaching methods . A wonderful person.

I may be old but I'm ugly billhay4's Avatar

Pete is a great teacher. He figures out what you want and need to know quickly and focus right on the relevant material.
    His teaching materials are also very nicely done and informative.
    Great guy!
    Bill

Thanks for a good interview with a great picker and musician.

Mandolinist out of Atl
    Blog Entries

I got to a place in my playing where theoretical material provided by Pete Martin and Jazzmando really helped me express myself musically. Well worth the small amount of money and large amount of practice time. Great interview!