Thread: Another Surprising Young Musician

Default Another Surprising Young Musician

Wednesday this week, four of us played for the funeral of our guitar player's Aunt.
    One of the ladies cooking for the lunch told us her granddaughter plays the fiddle.
    As we were leaving I asked her for her address, saying someday we may give her a call if playing a practice session in one of our homes.

Later that day the guitar player called me for the Grandmothers phone number saying he was going to tell her about a local jam on Sat. Nov.3.

Last night while playing at the bass players home, there came a knock on the door. It was the Grandmother, Mom and the fiddle player. She attends school with the other guitar player's son (who also plays: mandolin, fiddle, bass and guitar).

As a Seventh grader, she got out her guitar and played along, keeping good timing and getting all the chords on songs she had never heard. Then my brother asked her to play the fiddle. She played: Red River Valley, I'll Fly Away and Will the Circle be Unbroken.

I was impressed a young girl would and could play so well in front of 5 old men she had never met on songs she didn't know. These young musicians are amazing!

Lee

Default Re: Another Surprising Young Musician

That's cool...it's funny sometimes what freaks kids out and what doesn't. Can't get my son, who's got a really nice voice (assuming he got it from his mother), to sing in front of adults, or even in youth choir/band at church. But, he'll sing, dance, play drums, play piano, do pretty much anything with his friends...

Of course, some kids just get told they're spectacular enough that they believe it, too, but that's another issue/discussion entirely! BTW, very cool of you guys to include her!
    Chuck