Thread: WEBER FERN MANDOLIN (2009) (used)

Fetches news & information NewsFetcher's Avatar

Default WEBER FERN MANDOLIN (2009) (used)

A new instrument has been added to Elderly Instrument's new and used mandolin inventory:

EC, beautiful mandolin with very good sound, classic traditional F-model mandolin, carved red spruce top, flamed maple back, sides and neck, tone bar bracing, sunburst lacquer finish, ivoroid-b-w binding on top and back, 22 fret ebony fingerboard with dot inlays and double-cutaway scooped extension, 1-1/8" nut width, 14" scale length, bound peghead with fancy "fern" inlay, gold Schaller tuners, adjustable ebony classic Brekke bridge, cast brass Weber tailpiece, with original rectangular HSC (silver lining) (SN:9371109) ($4,000.00)

View this item...

This RSS/news feed function watches Elderly Instrument's new and used mandolin inventory and reports new items as they are added.

Blog Entries

Default Re: WEBER FERN MANDOLIN (2009) (used)

Happened to see this item and seemed to fit with an email we just got from a happy used-Fern owner. We are always so amazed that people take the time to write to us like this! :

Bruce and Joann,

It has been a few months since I got my Fern back from you. The new finger board is amazing, I can play right up to the top with power and clarity. I never knew what a difference it would make in my playing to have a wonderfully constructed mandolin. The sound of the Fern is very rich and when you step on the gas it has a bark that makes you fear the bite. I am so appreciative of the work you all do, in both constructing new instruments and in re-birthing second hand instruments. Thank you for making a big difference in my musical life.