Hello all! I was wondering if there would happen to be any people in the southern indiana region who play various or any folk or compatible styles on mandolin family instruments? I have just started a few months ago on Octave Mandolin, but I also play tin whistle and low whistle, and I would love to meet some people to play music with and have fun and perhaps help me to progress a bit and learn some things from! And besides meeting people, it would be great to know of any regional events or anything of that sort. I am in Daviess County.. the middle of nowhere. I have seen there are a few players on here in northern Indiana, but anything north of Indianapolis is out of my range.

I primarily play celtic music, especially irish and breton and galician tunes, but I am also open to a variety of other styles of music. I'm rather open minded when it comes to that. It would be great to find some people to play with! There is an Irish Music session in my town/villiage/whatever once per month, but unfortunately I am always at work during this time, because it is held on the second friday of each month, and I work a second shift job, so I've never been able to attend!

Would be really happy to hear from any of you with information about anything that might be of assistance here!