Thread: Lafferty LF-5D

teleman4200

Default Lafferty LF-5D

Well it's official. I'm the proud owner of the Lafferty LF-5D. What a great sounding and pretty mandolin. I literally can't put it down. It has the bigger frets so it frets real true. It even makes somebody as novice as I am to sound better. Dennis at the Mandolin Store fixed me up with a great deal. To top that off, I needed an acoustic/electric so I went ahead and got the asian model. What a great bang for the buck. I could have been delivered from mas and that would be bad for Dennis. LOL Really guys got to think about giving these a test drive.

Default Re: Lafferty LF-5D

Very nice, congrats. Those are custom made by Eastman for the MS.

I believe he is saying that he bought two Lafferty's. The deluxe (US built), And the import model. I have heard good things about the import, but I also know who built the deluxe, and it is an awesome mando!

Congrats Bud. I also own two Lafferty's (An LF-5 and an LA-5). I think Dennis hit a grand slam with the whole Lafferty line. You can spend a lot more, and get a lot less.

Bruce

Always learning something Mo Soar's Avatar

I have a Lafferty as well - a mahogany body octave. Really nice tone, although I wish it had an adjustable truss rod, as I'd like to drop the action a tiny bit more but there is just the slightest bow in the neck.
    1918 Gibson A, "Lillian";
    1940s (?) Kay A style f hole - currently down for a refret and fretboard re-profile, my first attempts (with guidance) at lutherie.
    1981 Washburn M7SN (2 point);
    2011 Eastman 504, "Belle";
    2012 Lafferty mahogany octave mandolin;
    2012 Emando (Saga), "Hank"

1 husband, 2 dogs, 4 chickens.

Quote Originally Posted by bmm5255 View Post
    I believe he is saying that he bought two Lafferty's. The deluxe (US built), And the import model. I have heard good things about the import, but I also know who built the deluxe, and it is an awesome mando!

Congrats Bud. I also own two Lafferty's (An LF-5 and an LA-5). I think Dennis hit a grand slam with the whole Lafferty line. You can spend a lot more, and get a lot less.

Bruce

Ah right, gotcha'. It was a little late when I read that last night. Well then congrats on the two! (Man, now Im reallllly jealous, two at once)

teleman4200

Yeah thanks guts!! Just having a blast with both of them. They're both beautiful. The asian one has this cremona burst that's really cool looking.

teleman4200

Excuse me. I mean guys not guts. LOL

Photo's please.
    Charley

A bunch of stuff with four strings

Congrats! Enjoy it.