Thread: A few jingles I've made up...

Registered User Mandolin_Mayhem's Avatar

Default A few jingles I've made up...

I know I'm not the greatest mandolin player; for the past several years I've been playing the mandolin, I haven't the slightest clue what I've benn playing note-wise.. Through the years I tought myself how to play, I've come up with a few songs; not the greatest, mind you, nor in the manner of how the instrument was intended to be played, but I'd like to think these few songs, or portions of, are at least decent. Note that the videos were recorded being strummed with my thumb snce I'm only beginning to learn to use a pick now and were done so several years ago.

The first one is one of my first songs entitled "Black Mandolin".I played it on a mandolin that was never set up correctly; I received it with the bridge set improperly (which has only come to my attention recently) so it sounds a bit... off.

The next song is entitled "Falling", which is named after the feeling I get when I hear it. I envision falling off a horse when I do for some reason, lol.

The next one is a very short jingle that sounds a little like a pirate song, or a sea shanty. I'm not 100% sure this is actually my work; I just kinda played this one day and don't know exactly where it came from. I assume it's original content, but at this point, it may just be a piece of a song I played before... It was recorded fairly low, I play mostly with my thumb, so you may need to turn up the speakers to hear it.

Registered User Mandolin_Mayhem's Avatar

Default Re: A few jingles I've made up...

The last video I've made is a combination of three jingles I've come up with that I really don't know where to go from their endings with along with "Tripping up the Stairs". I'm not sure who wrote the song TBH, but it's definitely not mine. The first song is a beach song. It makes me think of the tide coming in and out when I play it. The second song is played with the tuning GDAD, and I dunno. I just figured it out after toying with the tuning after several weeks. I can't figure out where to go with it from there. The third song is more of a sad song, the lyrics (thus far) go "Don't let his eyes deceive you, dont let your guard go down. Don't let his word beseach you, and stand your ground." As you can see, I've reached a bit of a block on this one... And again the fourth song is "Tripping up thr Stairs", which I make no claim to; I added it to the video cause someone I knew asked me to play some songs and this is the one I warm up with. This was recorded while playng by thmb, so you'll need to turn up our speakers to hear it.