Thread: A new band

Default A new band

After a while of looking i have finally found someone i can play music with! Shes the same age as me just not the same size haha. Everyone laughs at us because im 6'5 and shes 4'9 but it doesnt bother me. We practiced today at 2 for 2 hours and played a show tonight. The best song we sung together was free falling and here is the video so tell me what you all think! Remember we had only played 2 hours together and thats all

Default Re: A new band

Would've sounded better with a mando and a guitar vs two guitars playing the same thing. Think about arrangement; at least have one guitar doing lead, up the neck stuff.

I know it, we would have but we were in a hurry learning songs today and didn't have time to make anything really fancy. We are going to start playing weekly quite abit

Gibson F5L Gibson A5L
    Blog Entries

Glad you found someone to play music with ...
    I love hanging out with mandolin nerds . . . . . Thanks peeps ...

Alden, Minnesota, 12 miles west of where I-90 and I-35 cross in Southern, Minnesota

Congratulations on finding a playing partner. One that is truly compatable is as hard to find as it is to find a motorcycling buddy whose riding style, "loves" and attitudes fits yours. The two of you have an enjoyable time ahead as you fine tune arangements and hopefully bring out the best in each other. Good luck.
    "Put your hands to the wood
    Touch the music put there by the summer sun and wind
    The rhythms of the rain, locked within the rings
    And let your fingers find The Music in the Wood."
    Joe Grant and Al Parrish (chorus from The Music in the Wood)