Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruining a live performance in three easy steps...

Default Re: Ruining a live performance in three easy steps...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Fowler View Post
    Hi all,
    I was just watching this video and it made me remember this thread. Thile seems to put the clapping to rest pretty quickly while doing it in a way where he didn't sound like a jerk. Haven't heard him play this tune for awhile!! Check out some of the other videos from Floydfest that this youtube user posted on his page. Sam Bush, Punch Brothers, etc.

Thought maybe some of you would enjoy this!

Rob,

I was just going to point out that video. I have seen Chris Thile do something along those lines several times. He just has a way about him that can kill clapping. I saw him do it at the Grey Eagle with the "How to Grow a Woman from the Ground" Band on their acappella tune "If the Sea was Whiskey". He said something along the lines of "you're rushing" to the whole room. They played "Manchicken" next but he introduced it as the speed the room wanted to clap at.
    My Youtube Channel: http://bit.ly/1F9sJ8G

2. The following members say thank you to John Duncan for this post:

Default Re: Ruining a live performance in three easy steps...

Happened to me at church. For several consectutive weeks there was someone playing a tambourine VERY loudly & enthusiastically in the back. I hid the tambourine only to find out later that the culprit was the bass players mom. He did agree with my course of action all the same. I believe there is some inverse square law that the more out of time, the louder they are.