Thread: gold tone gm-110 fit in bobelock dbl case?

Default gold tone gm-110 fit in bobelock dbl case?

Does anyone know if a Gold Tone GM-110 mandolin will fit in a Bobelock violin / mandolin double case? I know the case is designed for the F5 shape, but I don't know how that compares to the Rigel shape of my Gold Tone. I'll shell out for a Cedar Creek if I have to, but I'd really rather not. I figure it's a long shot that anyone has tried this combo before though...
    Thanks!

Default Re: gold tone gm-110 fit in bobelock dbl case?

Hi Josh,

I can't speak for the Bobelock case, but the GM-110 does not fit in standard F-5 mandolin cases.
    Robert Fear
    http://www.folkmusician.com

"Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't.
    " - Pete Seeger

Default Re: gold tone gm-110 fit in bobelock dbl case?

i thought i replied to this, but it looks like it didnt get posted - rookie mistake i guess.

Robert, thanks for the info. I'm guessing the bobelock is designed as a "standard f-5" though the area for the scroll looks a tad bigger than normal. It may not be enough for the long point on the Gold Tone though. I was guessing it would be tight at best.

I'd love to upgrade the mandolin someday, but i just don't see that happening anytime soon.