Thread: Ricky Skaggs Music Camp Jamboree

Default Ricky Skaggs Music Camp Jamboree

Featuring Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder! Four days of nonstop playing, learning, jamming, picking, strumming and singing with legends of Bluegrass & American Music. Come join the fun at Full Moon Resort Aug. 20-24! Let's pick!

http://www.rickyskaggsmusiccamp.com

Default Re: Ricky Skaggs Music Camp Jamboree

Didn't this come through a few days ago and get discussed. It looked like we're being bombed with automated ads.

Yup it did..even so...I'll check in and say, I've spent two different weeks with Cody Kilby at the BC Bluegrass workshops back in the day when he was with Sally Jones & the Sidewinders (Kristin Scott Benson on banjo/Micky Harris on bass). CK is a great person and an admirable teacher. If it's too far....or you consider it too expensive....that's another story...but this is a great opportunity for learning...

I'm wondering why they chose this location. It's not where you think!

It's in Oliverea, which is on Rt. 47 (the Frost Valley trail) near Big Indian on Rt. 28, which is 25+ miles west of Kingston, New York. Gone riding by there on the Harley now and then.

It's wild and secluded back there. Stay on Rt. 47 and you go up and over the hills through Frost Valley, and end up over near Ellenville. A beautiful ride.

Kind of off-the-map pricewise, though....

This sounds awesome! I grew up on Don't Cheat in Our Hometown. It's been a dream of mine to pick with these guys! Is anybody going??

Quote Originally Posted by chriswestfahl View Post
    This sounds awesome! I grew up on Don't Cheat in Our Hometown. It's been a dream of mine to pick with these guys! Is anybody going??
    At those prices I expect a lot of people will wait to see how the first one goes. I imagine they'll learn a thing or two. Just like a car, the first year isn't always the best.