Thread: Fender FM-53S SB

Smile Fender FM-53S SB

Morning, Y'all!

My name is Andrew, and I'm new to Mandolin Cafe; so, I wanted to say, "HEY NOW!", and post a picture of my Fender Sunburst...

This mandolin was a gift to my Dad, who never took it up. When he passed a few years ago, it was given to me, pick-guard plastic intact, after hanging by a big green pipe-cleaner on the wall in his basement...

This is a beautiful instrument, and I have heard it sing thanks to a friend who plays; but, I do not plan on making the mistake of letting this beautiful instrument just sit there... so, I'm starting to learn...

ENJOY!

P.S. Looking for someone in the Raleigh-Durham, NC to teach me.

Blues, Bluegrass, Jam, Jamgrass, etc, etc...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	59360_1399460586424_1229554344_30887971_6266338_n.jpg 
Views:	396 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	80671  

Default Re: Fender FM-53S SB

Welcome to the Cafe Andrew... lots of good stuff and people here. Nice rig!
    Kip...
    Blessings,
    Kip...

If you think you can or think you can't... you're likely right!

Eastman MD515, amid many guitars and a dulcimer.

Thanks, Kip! I know it's a lower end Beginner's rig; but, it's mine... and it has some personal history to it. PLUS, I'm a beginner! LOL

Also, glad I bought the nice hard case for her! I was scared having no protection for it!!!

Andrew, your 'lower end Beginner's rig' is a great start! Several steps up from mine to be sure! Enjoy!
    Kip...
    Blessings,
    Kip...

If you think you can or think you can't... you're likely right!

Eastman MD515, amid many guitars and a dulcimer.

Welcome to the forum, and the mando-madness! Glad to see your rig, very cool! Its not the cost, but the value to you. Now, PLAY that DAMN MANDOLIN!
    Bulldog #24

This Fender 53S is quite good to play, I have owned one, bought used , added in a piezo pick-up and play for 6 months before I sold it (to get an Ovation Celebrity and a brand new Kentucky). The Fender feels very solidly built and it was a great pleasure to play it.
    My friend brought one (same model) to me to add the piezo pick-up. I have now opportunity to play both, side by side to compare. They have different tones for sure but I love both of them.
    Enjoy your playing.