Thread: Interview w/ the directors of new Charlie Louvin film

Default Interview w/ the directors of new Charlie Louvin film

Hi All,

I just wanted to share an exciting new interview that I just posted on my music blog, Uprooted Music Revue.

The interview is with Blake Judd and Keith Neltner, the directors of the new Charlie Louvin documentary: "Charlie Louvin: Still Rattlin the Devil's Cage". Check it out here. You can read the interview, as well as connect to the louvinfilm website to order up a copy of the DVD, and/ or make a donation to the Louvin family.

Thanks for reading, and if you enjoy the interview, be sure to follow Uprooted Music Revue on facebook and twitter.

Happy New Year!

Cheers,

Chris

Default Re: Interview w/ the directors of new Charlie Louvin film

Thanks for that!

Thanks for this Chris.It was sad to read that this film (documentary) was made to raise money to aid Charlie Louvin's fight against cancer.For that reason alone,i hope it sells well as a DVD & gets a lot of TV time as well.While not a 'fan' of the Louvins,i still regard them as essential listening to anybody wanting to listen to a form of music that paralleled Bluegrass music & is still a music form in it's own right,that of the 'Brother bands' as they became known.Also,many Louvin brothers songs were played & recorded (still are) by string bands,both Bluegrass & non-Bluegrass. The number of recordings of "I Don't Believe You've Met My Baby" must number in the dozens alone.The Louvins are legendary,& let's hope that the procedes from this film help one of them to pull back to good health,
    Ivan
    Weber F-5 'Fern'.
    Lebeda F-5 "Special".
    Stelling Bellflower BANJO
    Tokai - 'Tele-alike'.
    Ellis DeLuxe "A" style.

I was in Auburndale Fla one year at a festival and Charlie was there, I was jamming with a group that had a tenor singer that sounded a whole lot like Ira and Charlie came over and joined in and they did a bunch of the Louvin Bros songs and Charlie said he was in a seventh Heaven and since Ira had passed a way many years before and he had never sang with anyone that sounded that much like Ira....It is one day that I will never forget, just to get to pick with Charlie was special for me....When we did "When I Stop Dreaming" I played my heart out on the mandolin break (a song that I always played pretty good) and Charlie had tears in his eyes, not from my playing but from the memories that it brought back for him....

Even though they weren`t really bluegrass they were one of my favorite bands to listen to, Charlie is missed by a lot of people...

Willie