Thread: Just joined, I have questions about my tenor and other musings

Default Just joined, I have questions about my tenor and other musings

Hello, my name is Rosario. I do not have much experience with instruments, in fact I know a lot more about music itself than the whole process of actually playing instruments. I use to play a Fender strat, but I ####ed it up after messing with the tremelo bar and all the pieces fell out and I just decided to return it instead of fixing the problem. I collect vinyl records, and have myself a small setup to make myself a nice listening experience. A tecnics turntable, two big pioneer speakers and a vociferous amplifier. I have too much free time because I'm unemployed, and I spend a lot of my time in record shops listening to music and delving into as much information I can find about my favorite musicians, artsy fartsy films and pretentious filmmakers. Although literature was my first love, I loved anything by Charles Bukowski, William S. Burroughs and the banal Sylvia Plath, I honestly wanted to start strangling a guitar. After my strat broke, I was looking for a new guitar and stumbled upon Eastwood guitars online and the electric tenor guitar. It was supposedly a birthday gift, but it took so long that it was more a Christmas gift, that and their site never told me they were out of stock and I would have to wait for an eternity. Three horrible months, I was hoping that an ornery old man was working his ass off somewhere on my guitar. It didn't disappoint, it was a revelation out of the box. I know nothing about this instrument than that it was popular in about the '30s and have roots in dixieland and such. My initial influence for guitars was Rowland S. Howard, and the whole rockabilly crowd. I love the old twang. Here are my questions: What would you suggest for such a sound on this type of instrument? I was also think about going to tune this four string tenor to GDAE than the CGDA that I was given, where should I go about getting these strings? What brand? importantly, what are the gauges? Where should I go about a case? I am a novice, obviously. But I am already in love with this instrument

Rosario

Default Re: Just joined, I have questions about my tenor and other musing

Factory specs here:

http://www.eastwoodguitars.com/Other...nEllis_frm.htm

Those string gauges are for GDAE ... they'd bust if you tuned them to CGDA.
    Emando.com: More than you wanted to know about electric mandolins.

Notorious: My Celtic CD--listen & buy!

Lyon & Healy • Wood • Thormahlen • Andersen • Bacorn • Yanuziello • Fender • National • Gibson • Franke • Fuchs • Aceto • Three Hungry Pit Bulls