Thread: Embed YouTube and Vimeo videos in Mandolin Cafe Forum

Fetches news & information NewsFetcher's Avatar

Default Embed YouTube and Vimeo videos in Mandolin Cafe Forum

A new Mandolin Cafe authored Vimeo instructional video has just been added:

Instructions on how to properly embed YouTube and Vimeo videos into the Mandolin Cafe Forum using our forum embed tools.

Cast: Mandolin Cafe
    Tags: Mandolin, cafe, embed, videos, youtube and vimeo

View this video...

Default Re: Embed YouTube and Vimeo videos in Mandolin Cafe Forum

Quote Originally Posted by NewsFetcher View Post
    A new Mandolin Cafe authored Vimeo instructional video has just been added:

View this video...

Vimeo URL links are not working. I can embed a Vimeo video with the "film" icon, but if I just want a URL (as in the original post), I get an error page.

(I was trying to link a Vimeo video in a Classified ad, which I thought maybe was not supposed to work, but I found this old post, and noticed it was not working, either.)
    2018 Kentucky KM-950, 2017 Ellis A5 Deluxe

Blog Entries

See below, this is a Vimeo hosted video from the Cafe's account embedded using the Vimeo tag available in Advanced mode. And here are the BB Coding instructions linked from pages on the Forum at the bottom from where posts can be made. All you do is click the Vimeo button when you're in Advanced mode then only enter the video ID, not the rest of the web address. If you're entering an entire web address from Vimeo that will not work. In this case only the video ID 215054759 for this video was entered.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandolin Cafe View Post
    See below, this is a Vimeo hosted video from the Cafe's account embedded using the Vimeo tag available in Advanced mode. ...
    Thanks, yeah, embedding in post works (as i noted), but a simple hyperlink doesn't. (And, I was really just hoping to put it in an ad, but that, like the first post in the thread, seems to trip over whatever tracking is going on in the site backend these days. Sorry for time-wasting!
    2018 Kentucky KM-950, 2017 Ellis A5 Deluxe

Blog Entries

I see, you are referencing the Classifieds. Operationally they are a separate bit of software and unrelated in any fashion to the Forum other than they all fall under mandolincafe.com. They share no information between them, and for security reasons it needs to be that way. If you're attempting some kind of embedding in a classified ad none of the Forum's custom BB coding works there. I think because most sites run their classifieds through their forum there's an assumption that's what's going on here which is not the case.