Thread: Middle TN Jam

Default Middle TN Jam

I'm in the Smyrna/Boro area. Looking to start having a weekly or bi-weekly jam at my home studio and back porch area of my home. If anyone in the Greater Nashville area is interested please post on here or PM me. If enough interest sparks I'll collaborate with everyone on what time of the weekend will work best with everyone. Look forward to hopefully gettin' together with some local folks!!!

Default Re: Middle TN Jam

No one eh?
    '98 Martin D2R
    '49 Gibson J-45
    '74 Gibson J-50
    Taylor 110GB
    Gibson Hound Dog Deluxe Dobro
    Deering Professional 5-string
    Bryan England Custom Mandolin

I wish I lived closer and as I would join in!

Wish you were, too!!!
    '98 Martin D2R
    '49 Gibson J-45
    '74 Gibson J-50
    Taylor 110GB

There are several jams in the Nashville area. Especially in the North Nashville area. If you are familiar with other pickers you might ask them to help you get it going and set a date and get going. It may take a little while, but pickers will come. You can mention it here and on the Banjo Hangout and maybe get a bit of help as well. It would be good to pass out some fliers that you can post at some of the various stores people go to. The best thing is to get your friends to come and then talk it up. Word of mouth is always a great thing. You might attend a few other jam sessions in the area and tell people about it. Some may prefer yours if it is closer to them and some may want to attend another jam as well. Never hurts to try. There are 100 pickers on every corner in town. Getting them together at one time and in one place can be a real challenge though. Hope it goes well for you. I would love to attend, but it is too far for now. I can't drive or do much for several more weeks. I do wish you luck though. If you let me know when you are going to do it and so forth I will gladly have the guys make a poster and put it in the shop.
    Have a Great Day!
    Joe Vest

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    There are several jams in the Nashville area. Especially in the North Nashville area. If you are familiar with other pickers you might ask them to help you get it going and set a date and get going. It may take a little while, but pickers will come. You can mention it here and on the Banjo Hangout and maybe get a bit of help as well. It would be good to pass out some fliers that you can post at some of the various stores people go to. The best thing is to get your friends to come and then talk it up. Word of mouth is always a great thing. You might attend a few other jam sessions in the area and tell people about it. Some may prefer yours if it is closer to them and some may want to attend another jam as well. Never hurts to try. There are 100 pickers on every corner in town. Getting them together at one time and in one place can be a real challenge though. Hope it goes well for you. I would love to attend, but it is too far for now. I can't drive or do much for several more weeks. I do wish you luck though. If you let me know when you are going to do it and so forth I will gladly have the guys make a poster and put it in the shop.
    All very true!!! My father's been a producer and session player in Nashville for awhile now. I've recently gotten back to music full time and starting session work and building our home studio to work out of. I've been meaning to attend some and ask around. This thread was just a random thought I had one night just to see if any interest sparked at all. Thanks for the ideas!
    '98 Martin D2R
    '49 Gibson J-45
    '74 Gibson J-50
    Taylor 110GB

I live in Lebanon. My problem is always time. With two elementary school aged kids with sports, scouts, TaeKwanDo, running club, I just can't seem to find the time. I could maybe get out on a monthly basis for a couple hours depending on when you want to try to have the jam. I definately need to get out of the house and play more. I have noticed that I don't even pick up my beater as much as I used to, and that is just plain wrong.
    Steve B.
    Gibson F-9
    Epiphone MM30 (the beater)
    Trinity College OM

Are Friday or Saturday nights ever available for you?
    '98 Martin D2R
    '49 Gibson J-45
    '74 Gibson J-50
    Taylor 110GB