Hi everyone. I'm going to be offering a beginners repertoire building class in Irish Trad/session tunes beginning this Monday 10/17 at 7:30 pm at The Real School of Music at 56 Middlesex Turnpike in Burlington Ma.

I'm building the class around a preceived need from the various "session etiquette" threads we've had here. There seem to be folks who want to play this music for whom even so called "slow sessions" presuppose a level of knowledge and ability they do not yet posess. We want to create a place where players who can basically handle their instruments can learn tunes and play them with other people in an un-intimidating situation.

We're try to have a variety of melodic instruments (fiddle, flute, whistle, etc.) and want to keep the focus on the melody without harmonic/rhythmic accompaniment for the foreseeable future. People who play bouzouki, guitar, etc. are more than welcome if they are able or willing to pick the tune.

We're right off Rte 128 with free parking. Classes are on a drop-in basis at $5 per session. Heres a link to the class description and a bit about me.

http://info.therealschoolofmusic.com...ish-tune-swap/

Thanks for reading...hope to meet some Cafe people there!