Thread: Beech Spring

Default Beech Spring

Here's the tab for my version of Beech Spring in F which you can see in the Song a Week Social Group, posted for Manfred.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Beech Spring

Actually that last one didn't notate the lick at the end, so I've updated it in the attachment. Here's the video this relates to. I haven't tabbed out the improvised section.

Attached Files Attached Files

is there another way this can be formatted so that it can be opened and the tab can be read?

Here's a PDF, if that will help:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beech Spring.pdf 
Views:	283 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	104584

Very, very nice David. Inspirational!
    Thank you
    John

6. The following members say thank you to Johnno for this post:

Beautiful song. Nice rendition. Thanks for posting

8. The following members say thank you to markbaptiste for this post:

Hi David,

I really like your rendition of Beech Spring and have been trying to learn it. I was studying the video to see how you fingered the lick at the end and noticed that you seemed to play the whole tune out of second rather than first position. I was wondering what makes you decide to do that. Is it down to the fact that tune comprises open strings or frets 3 - 7 and that you have no need to use frets 1 - 2?

I would have played it all in first position and used my pinky, but since you are a better player than I will ever be, I thought I'd better ask your advice on the best way to approach it.

Thanks and keep posting your great videos.

Regards

Thanks very much - yes, it's mainly because there's such an obvious F closed position there, and I didn't need to use any of the notes available on frets 1 and 2 - and of course it leaves me in just the right place for the lick at the end. But I think maybe the real reason I played it that way is because I was thinking D minor pentatonic, even though I was playing in F, because that was the feel I wanted to get.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OldSausage For This Useful Post: