Thread: What can be sold in Accessories portion of classifieds?

Default What can be sold in Accessories portion of classifieds?

Can hand tools that can be used in instrument building be listed in the classifieds?
    Last edited by Bill Snyder; Sep-01-2011 at 11:39am. Reason: Added second "s" per request
    Bill Snyder

Default Re: What can be sold in Accessories portion of clasifieds?

It seems like I remember as long as its music related its okay.
    Matthew

Default Re: What can be sold in Accessories portion of classifieds?

Well, saying hand planes are music related is a stretch, that is why I wanted to check.
    Bill Snyder

We've certainly had people sell luthiery tools before.
    Emando.com: More than you wanted to know about electric mandolins.

Notorious: My Celtic CD--listen & buy!

Lyon & Healy • Wood • Thormahlen • Andersen • Bacorn • Yanuziello • Fender • National • Gibson • Franke • Fuchs • Aceto • Three Hungry Pit Bulls

Since this is not really something driven by opinion (and should not be) I probably should not have asked this question here.
    I should have just PM'd Scott to start with.
    My apologies.
    Bill Snyder

Blog Entries

The posting guidelines state:

- You will post only items for sale, trade or in search of plucked, strummed or bowed string family instruments including mandolin, guitar, banjo, violin family, ukulele, resonator guitar, and general musical accessories (amps, tuners, mics, etc.). Examples of items not allowed: pianos, drums, saxophones, the family washing machine, your 79 Chevy, etc. If in doubt about what is allowed, contact the site owner.

That said, it's impossible to cover everything. As long as there's a strong association that's in the spirit of this site I'm OK with it as an accessory. Luthier tools are OK. The extra variable speed drill you found in your basement (and you aren't a builder) you don't want to take to the local pawn shop is not. Slab wood that might be made into a mandolin or guitar is OK. Electronics are a bit more vague. I've allowed drum machines and mixing boards, etc. The intent of the Classifieds is to be a perk to people that frequent the site, not an ancillary place where items are sold because someone doesn't want to incur the fees of say an eBay. If in doubt, check with me first. Just for the record, while the forum moderators can probably answer some of these questions, I do not ask for their direct involvement in the Classifieds. They have enough to do already.