Thread: RIP - Elvis Presley

Default RIP - Elvis Presley

Was surprised to come home and see no other post about the 34th anniversary of the death of Elvis Presley. My memories of him will always include those of one of his biggest fans, my sister Bonnie, who herself passed in 1988 at 32. Elvis and my mother also share the same birthday. The day he died I was walking between the barracks at Little Rock AFB, not 2 hours from Graceland, when someone yelled out a window that Elvis was dead. A lot of us sat around picnic tables that night listening to Elvis songs, drinking Jack Daniels, singing along, and drinking some more. Good memories.

Blog Entries

Default Re: RIP - Elvis Presley

Thanks for the thread, Bob.
    In my opinion, Elvis' legendary 1968 Comeback Special is the greatest Rock-n-Roll event in the history of television...by a mile.
    RIP King.
    This right here is what it's all about...

Okay...One more for Elvis...

c.1965 Harmony Monterey H410 Mandolin
    "What a long, strange trip it's been..." - Robert Hunter
    "Life is too important to be taken seriously." - Oscar Wilde
    Think Hippie Thoughts...
    Gear: The Current Cast of Characters

I remember the day he died. I was on my way to band practice and I heard it on the radio. We decided to do Hound Dog and Heartbreak Hotel in tribute to him.

Thanks for the video clips, Ed! I've got this unedited concert on VHS. I actually remember it being on TV back in '68. It was filmed in June of that year, but wasn't aired until December during the Christmas season.

Never got to see Elvis in concert, but I've met Charlie Hodge a couple of times and got his autograph in his biography. He even let me hold his TCB necklace that Elvis gave him!
    Molon Labe

I remember well the day he died. What was more a surprise is I got to producer 'Elvis That's The Way It Is-Special Edition" for TCM in 2001 and present during Elvis Week in Memphis to 3,500 screaming fans. The most special moment came after the film at the after party. A very woman came up and said my film was the first to show him as he really was. She told me her father was Elvis's brother and her mother was Elvis mother sister. She gave me a hug and kiss. The other moment I will not forget was showing the movie at a private screening for Priscilla , Lisa Marie and Elvis's two grandchildren who never saw there grandfather on the big screen before. This was in Woodland Hills, CA.

TCB

Rick

Elvis is still da KING! If you know what I mean...and I think you do...thank you...than you very much! Now pass me another peanut butter and banana sandwich!