Thread: The Greencards

Default The Greencards

I have just returned from hearing the Greencards play at WXPN's World Cafe Live (upstairs) in Philadelphia. Great performance in a terrific venue. This was the last stop on their 7 week tour, yet they played a really long set with lots of energy, great interaction in the band and with the audience, and lots of great musicianship. Kym Warner's mandolin playing is incredible. His right hand was often just a blur yet his notes and chords were clean and crisp. For one number, Carol put down her bass and picked up a mandolin. Two mandolins on stage at once is tough to beat, especially when one plays as well as Kym does (not to take anything away from Carol). If ever you get a chance to hear this band live, don't pass it up!
    Last edited by Bob Clark; Jul-31-2011 at 10:37pm. Reason: A typo

Default Re: The Greencards

I saw them a couple of years ago and they were really good.

Outstanding band--great live show--highly recommended!

Great live band and the newest CD is great. Kym, in my opinion, is one of the best and in my top three picks of mandolinists. very approachable if you have questions and him and Carol are very nice people. As far as Carol picking up the mandolin while on stage, every time I've seen them/her with the mandolin she's chopping/rhythm.no solo's or anything like that. She's a superb singer and bassist though. I think they have five CD's out. Got em all and love em...