Thread: 1948 O-18T Value

Default 1948 O-18T Value

I'm thinking of putting my 1948 O18T on the market. Anybody know what one in good condition with the original case is worth?
    -----------
    Pete Martin
    www.PeteMartin.info
    Jazz and Bluegrass instruction books, videos, articles, transcriptions, improvisation, ergonomics, free recordings, private lessons

www.WoodAndStringsBand.com
    Jazz trio

www.AppleValleyWranglers.net
    Western Swing music

Default Re: 1948 O-18T Value

Believe the vintage guides have these at $2K. I hope you have another you're going to keep...
    Emando.com: More than you wanted to know about electric mandolins.

Notorious: My Celtic CD--listen & buy!

Lyon & Healy • Wood • Thormahlen • Andersen • Bacorn • Yanuziello • Fender • National • Gibson • Franke • Fuchs • Aceto • Three Hungry Pit Bulls

Thanks Martin! Got my eyes on a late 20s Gibson Tenor.
    -----------
    Pete Martin
    www.PeteMartin.info
    Jazz and Bluegrass instruction books, videos, articles, transcriptions, improvisation, ergonomics, free recordings, private lessons

www.WoodAndStringsBand.com
    Jazz trio

www.AppleValleyWranglers.net
    Western Swing music

I haven't had the chance to play one yet, but I do find the late '20s Gibson TG-1 rather alluring.

Lyon & Healy • Wood • Thormahlen • Andersen • Bacorn • Yanuziello • Fender • National • Gibson • Franke • Fuchs • Aceto • Three Hungry Pit Bulls

There is another thread regarding a 0-18T going right now. The prices that are being quoted are quite a bit less than the $2000 that was mentioned above. If the vintage guide was Vintage Guitar then the price only applies to instruments in "excellent" condition and that is also derived from polling what has been sold by a pretty select group of dealers. We mere mortals would be very lucky to get those prices.

barney 59: True, but I'm sure Pete is aware of all that. I generally don't bother seeking out the Vintage Guitar guide prices, but it so happens that I came close, not long ago, to picking up a '40s O18T for quite a bargain ... until the seller decided to check the vintage guide and then jacked the price up. He scanned the page and sent it to me; that's how I happen to know this.