Thread: "Finish the Film" Monroe Documentary Project Launched

Fetches news & information NewsFetcher's Avatar

Default "Finish the Film" Monroe Documentary Project Launched

The Mandolin Cafe has posted the following news release:
    "Finish the Film" Monroe Documentary Project Launched
    http://www.mandolincafe.com/news/publish/mandolins_001373.shtml

The International Bluegrass Music Museum is in the final stages of completing a full-length documentary video about Bill Monroe, the Father of Bluegrass Music. To accomplish this goal, the Museum is reaching out to fans of bluegrass music and music lovers everywhere.

---------------------------

NOTE: You may use your board membership to comment on news articles published by the Mandolin Cafe. Your comments will appear here and also will be appended to the end of the news article for public viewing. Standard board membership posting guidelines apply. The addition of images, videos, links and BB coding is turned OFF for this area so as not to compete with or interfere with the news item.
    Posts belonging to this account are created by a software task, not a human. Don't understand what that means? This information will explain how this post got here.

Default Re: "Finish the Film" Monroe Documentary Project Launched

Well, I made one contribution at ROMP. And I'm unemployed.

I have no idea what the documentary will be like, but they've done a good job with the museum. The fim will include interviews of every bluegrass boy available at the time. Seems worthwhile given their rate of disapperance.

I think they do a great job for both traditionalists and for the developing world of bluegrass. The film project should make a big contribution to the genre. It is essentially made. These funds are to get it finished for debut at Bill's 100th festivities in Owensboro and Rosine. If you get a chance, make it down for the performances and maybe check out the mandolin models built and decorated along the road to Rosine. (Kind of like the painted animal sculptures that cities sometimes display / started in Chicago with full size models of cows creatively decorated.) I'd like to know how to get one of those mandolins.
    I saw Homer & Jethro once. This mandolin therapy isn't helping me get over it.

'04 Andersen A (for keeps)
    Amateur Gibson F copy (for travel)
    Santa Rosa student model A (for the neighbor kids)