Thread: Access Bags & Cases: excellent customer service experience

Thumbs up Access Bags & Cases: excellent customer service experience

I recently purchased an Access Stage 3 Gig Bag from old dealer stock. First of all I need to say that I am very impressed with this bag, since due to its exceptionally thick padding, heavy duty exterior, and side stiffeners, it is more a soft case than a gig bag IMO. However, the one I purchased was missing the right backpack strap and pad, but the price was dropped accordingly by the seller.

I contacted Access to inquire about availability of these parts, and Brian Peck of Access went out of his way to locate a matching strap and pad for me in one of their warehouses, and had the warehouse ship it to me - free of charge. That said, if you are shopping for gig bags or cases for your guitar, mandolin, uke, or banjo, and if you value post-sale support from the manufacturer, you would do well to consider Access' offerings before making a purchase decision.

<NFI - just a happy customer>
    "The problem with quotes on the internet, is everybody has one, and most of them are wrong."
    ~ Mark Twain

Mandolin shirts, hats, case stickers, & more at my Zazzle storefront

Default Re: Access Bags & Cases: excellent customer service experience

Great stuff! I had one of their rectangular hard cases for my now gone Pomeroy A and I was very impressed with that case - great quality, good fit and lots of storage space as well.

Cheers,
    Jill
    2018 Girouard Concert oval A
    2015 JP "Whitechapel" tenor banjo
    2018 Frank Tate tenor guitar
    1969 Martin 00-18

my Youtube channel

Jim, thanks for posting this. I am just in the market for a soft mandolin case, I'll look them up.
    It turns out I have one of their guitar bags and yea, it is nice.
    Charley

A bunch of stuff with four strings

Just bought a stage 3 at my local guitar store ( Harry's ). I am very pleased with it. It looks like it will offer good protection and storage.
    Charley

A bunch of stuff with four strings

Great stuff, good people. We have been carrying the product for a while and couldn't be happier. John

I've been supplying my instruments in their gig bags and think they're the best option out there for the money. In my opinion, there isn't any difference between the Stage 1 and Stage three except for the colorful piping and extra pockets. They might as well be a hardshell case. I also sell their uke cases, but I am a bit disappointed in a recent changes in their cases. They switched manufacturers a couple months ago and the case is shorter, they removed the storage, relocated the cross piece and installed a wedge in the bottom to account for an arched back instrument. I used to be able to put a longer scale instrument in them but they are now too short. For the last two instruments, I had to strip the case out and redo it. I ended up making a fitted case to the instrument. I spoke with a couple guys about it and they recognized the issue but weren't sure if anything could be done about it. I was alerted to this by two other builders who are disappointed in them, so it will be interesting to see what happens. I'm looking for a new rectangle hard case supplier.