Thread: Joe Val Festival

Default Joe Val Festival

So the best thing going in the Northeast next weekend is the Joe Val Festival in Framingham, MA sponsored by the Boston Bluegrass Union (BBU). The pickin is great. Imagine 1000 or so players all in one hotel jammin Friday and Saturday nites and some great BG bands. It does wonders for spirits this time year. I look forward to picking with any Cafe member. Rich Michaud
    Richard Michaud

Fiddler & Mandolin Player Dave Reiner's Avatar

Default Re: Joe Val Festival

I'll definitely take you up on that picking offer, Rich :-) Lonesome Moonlight Waltz? Alabama Jubilee? Any other Cafe members going?

At the festival, I'll be teaching a bluegrass fiddle workshop (Sat noon), playing in a Texas Swing workshop (Sat 2PM), and on the Showcase Stage with Too Blue (Sun 12:30).

Dave
    '04 Gibson F3, '04 Gibson A4, '06 Gibson F4, '26 Gibson F5, '27 Gibson F4, '87 Givens A6, 2017 Kimble A5

Author, Anthology of Fiddle Styles; Co-author, Oldtime Fiddling Across America
    Genial host, Fiddle Hell Online (coming up on April 11-14, 2024, with 220 concerts, jams, & workshops (incl many for mandolin) and free replays for 4 months)
    Join www.facebook.com/groups/fiddlehellmassachusetts
    Free jams on our YouTube channel YouTube.com/FiddleHell
    More info at fiddlehell.org

Default Re: Joe Val Festival

I'll be arriving to Joe Val on Thursday night and am attending a beginner mandolin class taught by August Watters on Friday. Wish I had the skills to pick with some of you this weekend. Hopefully I'll be getting there by this time next year.