Thread: Iris

Default Iris

Hi there, obviously this is my first post here but I have been reading these forums for quite a while. I had previously been pondering over attempting to try my hand at the mandolin and I eventually decided to purchase one. I've been learning a few songs lately....Copperhead Road was the first one I learned, I've been working on Maggie May and a friend of mine brought his guitar over for a Stairway to Heaven duo with the mandolin.

Iris happens to be a song I enjoy...mostly because of the mandolin and I would like to try to play it but I haven't found much on the internet about it. I found a tab that was little confusing to read so here is my question for you all. Is there sheet music of some sort for this song...free or not....or possibly a demonstration video somewhere..I tend to learn best by visualization. Thanks a bunch!

Default Re: Iris

I found some piano/guitar/vocal sheet music for it. If you need tab, I cannot help there but the basic melody is there if you read sheet. I have also heard of a program that can slow down an MP3 so you can match the notes from the original (without changing the pitch.) but don't know the name of it.