Thread: Las Vegas Luthier Recommendation?

Default Las Vegas Luthier Recommendation?

I'm looking to have a permanent pickup installed on my Rover Rm-75. Probably a K&K Twin or a Baggs Radius. Not quite sure yet. Before I pull the trigger, I'm wondering if there is anyone in Las Vegas (where I live) who would be able to do this work and do it well.

Shipping it back to the Mandolin Store (where I purchased the Rover) is also an option for me as well, if nothing pans out here in Vegas.

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Las Vegas Luthier Recommendation?

I'd seek advice from mandolin luthier Thomas Flood of FloodTone instruments as to who in LV would be a good person for a pick-up intall on your Rover. Lots of musicians on the Strip, so pick-up installation should be bread and butter for one of the local shops. Google will point you to several custom guitar builders in the area as well.

Scott

Ed Roman Guitars is a major Guitar outlet in LV. I'm sure that he could put you on to a decent luthier,maybe even do the work himself,
    Ivan
    Weber F-5 'Fern'.
    Lebeda F-5 "Special".
    Stelling Bellflower BANJO
    Tokai - 'Tele-alike'.
    Ellis DeLuxe "A" style.

Luthierus Amateurius crazymandolinist's Avatar

Roman's got loads of skilled people under him who do work constantly. Very big knowledge base too. I'm sure if they won't do what you need to, they'll refer you to someone.
    "The Beauty of Grace is that it makes life Unfair" - Relient K

"THEY'RE HERE!!! THEY'RE HERE!!! the Albino Brain Chiggers!" - Harry from 3rd Rock

I'm new to Las Vegas, having moved here b/c I'm in the Air Force. I trust what you guys are telling me about Ed Roman, but the local consensus from the players I've met here is to stay away. I've heard at least one story about less-than-ethical business practices from Roman's. Being that this is just a Rover, I may have him do the work for me anyway. Thanks for the recommendations!