Page 29 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Northfield mandolins

Default Re: Northfield mandolins

Just read through all the posts in this thread..Saw some beautiful mandolins...
    Scotti Adams said he was expecting his new Northfield about mid Feb..How's it going Scotti? Any news?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Rourke View Post
    Just read through all the posts in this thread..Saw some beautiful mandolins...
    Scotti Adams said he was expecting his new Northfield about mid Feb..How's it going Scotti? Any news?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by Scotti Adams View Post
    No
    What number are you on the list? I assume from Elderly . I'm number five.

I asked Jesse Cobb to play my Northfield Big Mon this weekend at Joe Val Festival after he noted in a class that it sounded really nice to him. I had not heard it played by an accomplished mandolin player before. I almost fell over it sounded so good when he played it-loud, full, resonant and even toned up and down the fretboard. He asked how much I paid for it and when I told him he said that was amazing and to him it played and sounded like a mandolin costing 3-4 times that.

Pretty consistent response to other pro's who have tried these.

Keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotti Adams View Post
    No
    Scotti - both of mine came in within two weeks of their projected dates - hopefully yours will too. I still haven't decided yet whether to keep the modern spec or the traditional - really not enough difference IMO to make a big deal over - both great!!!!
    Linksmaker

I've never played a Northfield, but 29 pages of discussion is sure impressive! They must be awesome.
    ma dh'fheumas tu tarraing, dčan sin gu socair

Instruments

Mann 2 Point - 2011
    Girouard Mandola - 2013
    Pava A5 - 2019

I would think the recent article in the new BU magazine on the inside scoop on the building of Northfields will greatly increase their sales and likely increase their prices as demand increases. Add to it some high profile pros pushing them and you got an instant winner.

Bu magazine ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yankees1 View Post
    Bu magazine ?
    Bluegrass Unlimited -some bluegrassers bible for over 40 years,,,pretty good magazine. Sometimes!

My Northfield F5 arrived today and you know what-------------this mandolin is incredible ! The chop and especially the tremolo on the A and E strings is the best I have heard. My name was on the list at $2500. and I was going to sell for a couple of hundred dollars profit but after playing it----no way! It is staying in the family!

Thumbs up Re: Northfield mandolins

My Northfield F5 arrived today and you know what-------------this mandolin is incredible ! The chop and especially the tremolo on the A and E strings is the best I have heard. My name was on the list at $2500. and I was going to sell for a couple of hundred dollars profit but after playing it----no way! It is staying in the family!
    We'll be needing to see some photographic evidence of this, please, good sir. Preferably video with sound, for maximum effect, but if you can't muster for that, some photos at least for the drooling Northfieldless among us..?

Welcome to the Northfield club Yankees1! Hope you enjoy yours as much as I have been mine. Just put a new set of strings on her... wow, I'm still in love.

Mine was forecasted for Feb when I ordered it...it's March and no contact.....guess they must be running behind.....
    Thank you baby Jesus for one smokin hot mandolin...

Quote Originally Posted by majorbanjo View Post
    Mine was forecasted for Feb when I ordered it...it's March and no contact.....guess they must be running behind.....
    Running behind ? Perhaps there is high demand for their instruments !!

Running behind ? Perhaps there is high demand for their instruments !!
    Must be....in my business when I tell someone a date and it changes......I require my folks to contact them and update it....I guess simple customer service doesn't apply to mandolins....I guess they're too busy to worry about their customers....hmmmm....been there and it didn't work out so well for me.........

My Big Mon was origionally scheduled for mid Feb. But due to specific reasons it got bumped to March. Well its March. Ive sent off some emails, phone calls and messages on FB all with no replies. I guess no news is good news my mama always told me. It is what it is.

Hi Everyone. Sorry about the delay in getting back to individuals about orders. Yes, we're swamped and right now I'm about 13-16 hours jet lagged at the moment, working from our Qingdao shop finishing up orders (for both Scotti and majorbanjo above). To answer their specific questions--both of you will see your mandolin this month, rest assured. We're setting them up right now.

So the rest of the readers know, we always complete mandolins in small batches. Depending on the way the orders came in and specifications for the instruments, those batches can set one or two of the mandolins back a couple weeks. When we give a quote for price and delivery we try to give ourselves about a 1 month +- tolerance on the actual ship date. Different times of year, weather and workload really factors in differently at different times. We hope everyone can be patient, but we know the feeling of waiting a long time for something. We're glad all of you are anxious to get your new instrument. Believe me, we're very glad to send them to you.

Right now we're experiencing a surge in orders and custom quotes. We're still the same small team and so emails are taking me longer to get to and complete. Sorry. -Adrian

Blog Entries

Well I had to do it and let my Northfield traditional go last week!!!!...it went to a great home,my friend needed somethin of quility and after a little research he had the nothfield fever!!,,I rarerly played her,I usually never break in an instrument,I like the work done,,now hes got what he wants and now I can pay some Bills...but I'll allways keep an eye out for a cheap ol'Northfield to pass some time away with!

No need for apologies Adrian. Your in a good situation with the amount of orders you have. Alot of builders would love to have your problem. Perhaps now you could put a phone operator/secretary on the pay roll to relieve you a bit. :0)

Thanks for the update Adrian.....I'm completely flexible......in fact due to the economy a little delay is a good thing....:-)

I just got word that my mandolin is being set up and they need a shipping address....holy cow....now I'm very excited....

Skyrocketing demand + limited supply... everybody knows where this is headed, and I wouldn't blame Adrian a bit if he does it, these instruments are way underpriced.

I agree with mandosummers.

Quote Originally Posted by majorbanjo View Post
    I just got word that my mandolin is being set up and they need a shipping address....holy cow....now I'm very excited....
    Deep breaths, deep breaths.......
    Gunga......Gunga.....Gu-Lunga

Can anybody tell me what the average shipping cost is within the states?