Thread: Monroe Style Mando Class in Chicago?

Default Monroe Style Mando Class in Chicago?

The Old Town School of Folk Music in Chicago, IL is considering this class for Fall on Monday nights taught by Keith Baumann (Hard Times Bluegrass). Keith is a great teacher and knows his stuff! I've already told them I'm interested but we need somemore interest to make sure it happens. It would probably cost $160 for 8 weeks and be 8 - 9:20PM. That's about $20/group lesson and cheap. Reply to this thread or call the school to voice your interest. It'll be a good time Monday nights and we'll do some jamming B/4 and after. Of course I'll also bring my RB250 Mastertone or Martin.
    RB250

Default Re: Monroe Style Mando Class in Chicago?

What level of expertise would be expected? What would be the dates?

I'm just trying to promote interest so they offer the class. I'd say someone approaching intermediate level (advanced beginner) or at intermediate level. 1 - 2 years playing and knowledge of the chords and Monroe music. Call Chris Waltz (the director) and express interest and ask questions. BTW, I play Bluegrass mando, banjo and guitar and live in Buffalo Grove. I'll be at the Graylake Jam tonight Friday. Ask for Doug, the guy with the Eastman Mando and Saga banjo.
    RB250

Quote Originally Posted by RB250 View Post
    Reply to this thread or call the school to voice your interest.
    RB250
    I'm about to relocate to Evanston IL in a week and a half. This class sounds not only interesting, but also a great way for me to start meeting some of you local players.