Thread: The Beatles for Mandolin

Fetches news & information NewsFetcher's Avatar

Default The Beatles for Mandolin

The Mandolin Cafe has posted news:
    The Beatles for Mandolin
    http://www.mandolincafe.com/news/publish/mandolins_001227.shtml

Hal Leonard Corporation has announced the publication of The Beatles for Mandolin by Bobby Westfall. 25 tunes in notation and tablature with chord diagrams.

---------------------------

NOTE: You may use your board membership to comment on news articles published by the Mandolin Cafe. Your comments will appear here and also will be appended to the end of the news article for public viewing. Standard board membership posting guidelines apply. The addition of images, videos, links and BB coding is turned OFF for this area so as not to compete with or interfere with the news item.
    Posts belonging to this account are created by a software task, not a human. Don't understand what that means? This information will explain how this post got here.

Default Re: The Beatles for Mandolin

Can anyone tell me what level this is written for or direct me to more information?
    Thanks,
    Dan

Professional Nerd

I've been doing a bit of hunting for Beatles scores, so I picked it up from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Beatles-Mandolin/dp/1423484045/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1277665665&sr=8-1

... sorry for some reason the embedded URL menu isn't available ... paste the above into your browser.

... it looks pretty easy-to-intermediate ... quite straightforward in melody and plays in first position, not a lot of grace notes.

'Hope that helps.

Richard
    Breedlove Olympic
    Weber Yellowstone Octave
    They call 'em instruments because they measure whomever touches them.

This sounds pretty cool. I'll have to check it out.

Hello! I'm the Beatles book arranger. This is a little late but FYI about the Beatles for Mandolin book.
    This book was written for beginners and is mainly about the vocal melodies. Is that not what the Beatles were about anyway!?
    There are a few key signature riffs in some of the songs. There are no guitar solos
    here. Some of the songs are in the original keys of the recordings, some are not.
    Most of it is in first or second position.
    The chords are simple and nothing is very high up the neck. It's easy to read and as I said meant for the beginning mandolin player with tab included of course. Hope you enjoy, and as always feel free to embellish the tunes as you learn them. Bobby Westfall

6. The following members say thank you to Bob Westfall for this post:

check out your fellow cafe-forum-ite's efforts at:

http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/group.php?groupid=112

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

QUOTE: Can anyone tell me what level this is written for or direct me to more information?

Well, it's written for mandolin, so naturally that is genius level. ;-)
    But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

I was wondering if this book would be a good intorduction for beginners to some new chord voicings, as an alternative to delving into jazz.

"delving into jazz ..." - i hear you. don't know about the book but i was amazed at how easy - easy-ish - it is to figure out these songs on mandolin. after working out the melody it's just a short step to adding two or three finger chords.