Thread: Question about Social Groups

Default Question about Social Groups

Scott, I've noticed that if I click on the 'Social Groups' icon, it takes me to a page that has 'my groups' on the left, 'recently updated groups' in the middle and 'new groups' on the right. Within these, the groups are listed, and after the little blurb about them, it says 'last activity' and a date and time.

However, when I go to the group, I can't find anything that corresponds with the date and time of the last activity! For example, in the Texans group, it says the last activity was on April 2, but when I go there, the last post was on March 10.

Is there something screwy, or is it reporting some other kind of activity, other than posting?

Barb

Blog Entries

Default Re: Question about Social Groups

Last activity is not necessarily a post, which is what I suspect you are expecting it to be since you didn't say. I view it as a recent change--something unique to the group--which could be someone joining or leaving the group, a moderator or admin deleting a post, a change to the group icon or various other activities that represent change/activity. There's a link for new group messages/posts already as you are probably aware.

Default Re: Question about Social Groups

Scott, thanks! I'm not aware of a LOT of things that are available on this site.... I tend to find one way to do things, and never explore the rest! It must be someone joining the group, as some of the groups I'm referring to, I'm the moderator, and so I know I didn't do anything from that end! Thanks again!