Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: David Grisman's Acoustic Oasis Web Site Launches

Fetches news & information NewsFetcher's Avatar

Default David Grisman's Acoustic Oasis Web Site Launches

The Mandolin Cafe has posted news:
    David Grisman's Acoustic Oasis Web Site Launches
    http://www.mandolincafe.com/news/publish/mandolins_001207.shtml

David Grisman has announced the launch of his Acoustic Oasis, a web site featuring new and previously unreleased exclusive projects that are now available as high-quality digital downloads.

NOTE: You may use your board membership to comment on news articles published by the Mandolin Cafe. Your comments will appear here and also will be appended to the end of the news article for public viewing. Standard board membership posting guidelines apply. NOTE: the addition of images, videos, links and other coding is turned OFF for this area so as not to compete with or interfere with the news item.
    Posts belonging to this account are created by a software task, not a human. Don't understand what that means? This information will explain how this post got here.

2. The following members say thank you to NewsFetcher for this post:

Default Re: David Grisman's Acoustic Oasis Web Site Launches

I tried to download a "cd" or collection of songs from this new site, paying with Paypal, and the download was unsuccessful. Tried the download three times. Never worked. My emails to the "Contact us" email all bounced back, undeliverable. I guess I'll dispute the Paypal charge. Has anyone successfully purchased any muscic from this site?
    Weber Sweet Pea
    Morgan Monroe MMS5W
    Gibson 1914 F4
    Gibson 1921 H2
    Saga AM-10 Work In Progress

I try to play every day.
    http://iversmandolinorchestra.blogspot.com/

I also had that problem with the "contact us" email.

Thanks.... I wasn't sure if it was my email or there's. I guess I'll go directly to PayPal for the refund.
    Weber Sweet Pea
    Morgan Monroe MMS5W
    Gibson 1914 F4
    Gibson 1921 H2

I try to play every day.

don't you just HATE it when people get things up on the internet and don't assure that it all works.... especially for a commercial site....
    Really poor biz practice.
    John D

The site advertises lots of free downloads, but I never could find one, even when I found the CD it was coming from. I guess just another "bug" in the system.
    Sheryl --- Me

Sorry you were having a problem. The contact e-mail is now working...Feel free to contact us as we have had many download purchases without any problems.

When you view the site, you will need to go into the different rooms and look at the bottom of each page to find the free mp3 "Bone".

Craig and David... so far I've downloaded the Complete Pizza Tapes and Giovanni Gioviale with no problems whatsoever. My god, what amazing stuff! Can't thank you enough for putting such wonderful, evocative music into the ears and hearts of those who appreciate genuine, timeless and soulful music. Keep 'em comin' boys...
    Last edited by Glassweb; Apr-04-2010 at 11:48pm. Reason: grammatical ocd

I purchased the complete pizza tapes using pay pal with no problems.hopefully things will work out for you.
    BTW the pizza tapes are great.I have the original version and its nice to hear all the extra songs/banter.it even sounds better than the original.
    Jim

Re: free downloads on the site. The first day it was up I couldn't find the free download in any of the rooms of the DAWG house(?). The second day I looked I was able to find it so it should be findable.

This site really is amazing for the amount of previously unreleased material! Amazing....can't wait to start making money again so I can purchase some of it!

I'm looking forward to some great music from this site. I accept that there is a long and complicated chain from David Grisman's website to my livingroom, and as has been pointed out to me by IS guys more than a few times.....complications and errors can happen anywhere in between. Thanks for preserving a lot of incredible music over the years!
    Last edited by doc holiday; Apr-06-2010 at 9:26am. Reason: spelling errors

I'm not sure if it's the site or what, but when I went to it. It took a really, really , long time to load the pages. Anyone else have this problem?

The first day the site was up and I looked at it it took a LOOOONG time to load each page. Since then I haven't had a problem, though.

I'm not really getting the "free download" thing though. I don't see a way to actually download the freebie to something like my itunes music collection but can only play it in a quicktime window. Anybody else have that issue or is that actually what the free download is: your only able to listen to it?

What is the name of the song that plays on the intro page? I dig it the most!
    I laid the tracks, never rode the train.

Rob: right click and save target as
    Cleanliness is next to Dawgliness....Dawg,2008 Blueberry Band Workshop.

Thanks, G'DAE! Will do.....

Arnhem, the Netherlands; Nanjing, China; Ithaca NY USA

Quote Originally Posted by Mandomax View Post
    What is the name of the song that plays on the intro page? I dig it the most!
    It drives me crazy when a site plays music as soon as one navigates to it... very embarassing if one is ... hmm.. "researching" the web while at work. DG is not the only one that does this, I really hate it. I know I can turn off sound but of course there are other times I want it (the Tube etc.) and I often forget.

Buyer Beware:

I'm really struggling with getting a refund for some songs I paid for but couldn't download from this new site. After many download attempts, and after several emails bounced back undeliverable to the "contact us" email on the the site, I'm, now being told by the "Help desk" for Livedownloads.com (site operator for nugs.net Enterprises?) that: "Refunds are complicated because the artist has already received the payment." All of this through the PayPal "resolution center." I guess I'll just have to dispute the credit card charge to PayPal. Kinda burnt out on the whole thing. Seems like a lot of time and effort to go through to recoup a measly $6.95, I spent on nothing.
    Weber Sweet Pea
    Morgan Monroe MMS5W
    Gibson 1914 F4
    Gibson 1921 H2

I try to play every day.

To be fair and complete, I did get finally a refund of $6.95 to my PayPal account for the downloads that didn't work. So at least the customer service wheels do turn, if not slowly.
    Weber Sweet Pea
    Morgan Monroe MMS5W
    Gibson 1914 F4
    Gibson 1921 H2

I try to play every day.

I bought a download and had no problems. I downloaded each track individually rather than the album as a sinlge item.

Registered User grassrootphilosopher's Avatar

I really dig the living room tv. Is there a way to fast forward the clips, or do you have to watch through them?

I feel ambiguous towards the music that starts "unwanted" when the page loads. I certainly do see swampstomper´s point. Maybe there´s a way of choosing to enter a site with and without music - or programming the site that way?

While I have not downloaded anything online yet (and simply hate PayPal), how´s the sound quality? I figure the downloads are mp3. What´s their sample rate?

As an "appendix": Albums like the Japan tour with Tony Rice and Bill Keith are just incredibly wonderful as suchlike albums have wonderful "traditional" music with an interesting twist. You have to love it.
    Olaf

just checked out the site - wonderful ... i think colonel mustard did it with the wrench.

still Lefty & French Philippe Bony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grassrootphilosopher View Post
    I really dig the living room tv. Is there a way to fast forward the clips, or do you have to watch through them?

I feel ambiguous towards the music that starts "unwanted" when the page loads. I certainly do see swampstomper´s point. Maybe there´s a way of choosing to enter a site with and without music - or programming the site that way?

While I have not downloaded anything online yet (and simply hate PayPal), how´s the sound quality? I figure the downloads are mp3. What´s their sample rate?

As an "appendix": Albums like the Japan tour with Tony Rice and Bill Keith are just incredibly wonderful as suchlike albums have wonderful "traditional" music with an interesting twist. You have to love it.
    Hello Olaf!
    Just hit "Enter" and the music stops...
    (and nobody complained about Acoustic Disc website?)
    You can purchase mp3 (cheaper) or Flac files to download.

Arnhem, the Netherlands; Nanjing, China; Ithaca NY USA

Quote Originally Posted by Philippe Bony View Post
    Hello Olaf!
    Just hit "Enter" and the music stops...
    (and nobody complained about Acoustic Disc website?)
    You can purchase mp3 (cheaper) or Flac files to download.
    I also complained about that! And innumerable band web sites where the music starts automatically. I think the default should be no immediate music -- and a big button that says "click to hear a sound sample" or "click to hear our great band's latest gig!"

Realize how embarrassing this is when music suddenly starts playing when one is at ... ummm... "work"....