Thread: I found Adam Steffey ...

Default I found Adam Steffey ...

...in my high school yearbook! I was reading the recent profile on him (I believe by Bill Graham) and it said "at age 10 he moved to Kingsport, TN." I thought, "hey, that's neat, I'm from Kingsport." Then it said "He is 43 years old." Well, I'm 45. So I dug out the old yearbooks and found "Bubba Steffey" in the class behind mine. My wife and I checked out the pics, and we're almost certain that "Bubba" is Adam.

It was also a coincidence that I had recently purchased the "Fiddle Masters" DVDs from the Violin Shop, in which he is backing up Jim Van Cleve. I had been admiring him playing his Daley.

Well, to go on further would be exposing myself for the true "goob" that I am.

I'm sure this one is easy to top, but does anyone else have examples where they later found out that someone in their past became noteworthy?

(disclosure: I didn't know "Bubba," and I've never met Adam - though I would certainly like to)
    Jim Sims

" Amateurs practice until they get it right - professionals practice until they can't get it wrong."
    "Me?... I don't practice."

iiimandolin#19
    1917 Gibson A-1 Pumpkintop

www.sedentaryramblers.com

Default Re: I found Adam Steffey ...

You won't find anyone any nicer than Adam! He is so willing to offer advice to anyone!

Skip is right! We met him at IBMA this year, a true gentleman.
    If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. H.D. Thoreau

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

Someone in my high school class became a producer and wrier on some of TV's finest shows, including "Moonlighting," "NYPD Blues," "Dark Angel," "The Shield," and now "Dexter." It's a very distinctive name, and when I saw it in the credts I had to look him up, and sure enough! Someone in the year behind me has done a lot of stage directing, even making it to Broadway, and now to Hollywood, where she has done a lot of TV directing on about twenty shows. Seeing her name on a recent episode of "The Good Wife" was a surprise, and again I had to do some research, finding out she has indeed spent this decade in this new phase of her career. Not exactly famous, in the "household names" sense, but noteworthy, at least in some circles.
    Last edited by journeybear; Dec-20-2009 at 9:18am.
    But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

Nobody from my high school has ever done anything...

Quote Originally Posted by sunburst View Post

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunburst View Post
    Except you!!!

I must apologize for the lack of MC in my earlier post. As far as I know, I'm the only attendee of that fine institution to be able to provide mandolin content, and as far as contributing anything truly noteworthy ... apart from some instrumental tracks to one CD and the B side of a 45, and having some of my CD reviews being used on about a dozen other artists' websites, my brilliant career hasn't amounted to much yet. It's that "yet" that keeps us going, ain't it?
    But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

Quote Originally Posted by journeybear View Post
    Except you!!!
    I rest my case...