Thread: Holberg Suite Op.40 - Edvard Grieg for Mandolin Orchestra

Fetches news & information NewsFetcher's Avatar

Default Holberg Suite Op.40 - Edvard Grieg for Mandolin Orchestra

Holberg Suite Op.40 - Edvard Grieg for Mandolin Orchestra
    http://www.mandolincafe.com/news/publish/mandolins_001142.shtml

Holberg Suite Op.40 - Edvard Grieg, arranged for Mandolin Orchestra is a new publication from mandolinist Fabio Machado.

NOTE: You may use your board membership to comment on news articles published by the Mandolin Cafe. Your comments will appear here and also will be appended to the end of the news article for public viewing. Standard board membership posting guidelines apply. Note that the addition of images, videos, links and other coding is turned OFF for this area.
    Posts belonging to this account are created by a software task, not a human. Don't understand what that means? This information will explain how this post got here.

Default Re: Holberg Suite Op.40 - Edvard Grieg for Mandolin Orchestra

I'd be curious to know if the solos are in the arrangement...there's nice stuff for viola and violin duet and celli soli in the original. If anyone knows, please post. This is a lovely work, but not for the faint at heart! Yvonne
    "There are two refuges from the miseries of life--music and cats" Albert Schweitzer

Yes, the solos and duets are in it (after all,it is a transcription). I am taking care of the separated parts that will soon be available.
    fabiomachado.com

I don't know if our group is up to it, but I will talk to our director because it is a beautiful work. Congrats! Yvonne, Dayton Mandolin Orchestra mandocellist.
    "There are two refuges from the miseries of life--music and cats" Albert Schweitzer