Thread: Eve of Hardly Strictly Bluegrass '09

Default Eve of Hardly Strictly Bluegrass '09

I am just sitting here waiting for the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival in San Francisco this weekend. I have friends visiting from a few places this weekend and we'll be going to the greatest free music festival in the world.

Saturday we will see Ricky Skaggs, Tim O'Brien, Gillian Welch, Dry Branch Fire Squad, Laurie Lewis, and Steve Earl and the Bluegrass Dukes!

Sunday we have to settle for Del McCoury, Earl Scruggs, Ralph Stanley, and some woman named EmmyLou Harris. These are about 10 of the 80 bands that will be playing this weekend. And it's all FREE in Golden Gate Park.

Eat your heart out rest of the country!

Please don't hate me

Default Re: Eve of Hardly Strictly Bluegrass '09

Wow, MandoJam, that's quite a lineup, plus Hazel Dickens, Marty Stuart, Old Crow Medicine Show and Lyle Lovett. But I think being around the half a million who will be there this weekend and seeing all of that talent at one time would probably put me in the hospital! Here in Alaska we have to be happy with one group a year. Ralph Stanley last year and Doyle Lawson this year -- both great performances. Enjoy!

Hey W#ayne
    You are my brother.l..... (-)sarah palin

I'll be hanging out at the Arrow Stage on Saturday, for a day full of fun music from Texas (excepting Reckless Kelly, from Idaho, who will be providing the mando content at that stage ).
    "The problem with quotes on the internet, is everybody has one, and most of them are wrong."
    ~ Mark Twain

Mandolin shirts, hats, case stickers, & more at my Zazzle storefront