Thread: Congrats to JLSmith

Blog Entries

Default Congrats to JLSmith

One of John's 4 string electrics was reviewed very favorably in the newest issue of Vintage Guitar Mag. (10/09, vol 23, iss 12, White Falcon on the cover).

If only one fairly short review will keep you from grabbing a copy of this mag, you should know that Tim May's Gibson Mandolin Orchestra collection is the subject of a column as well.

VG is a very electric guitar centered mag, but every month i find something of interest for the mandolin aficionado and/or the acoustic aficionado.

Be that as it may, nice job John!

Daniel

Chief Moderator/Shepherd Ted Eschliman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Congrats to JLSmith

No surprise on the positive review. I've really enjoyed playing my own JLSmith 5-string Telemando the last several months.

Ted Eschliman

Author, Getting Into Jazz Mandolin

Blog Entries

Forgot to mention that the article credits Andrew Jerman for the bridges, too. So it's a kind of twofer.

Really nice to see Café guys getting press.

Daniel

Although I haven't met John personally, I have spent countless hours on the phone talking mandolins with him and he is a real class act. It really doesn't surprise me that he has gained as much notoriety in the short amount of time that he has been building. Congrats John.

I want to give a big Thank You for the Congrats from Dan,Ted,and Andrew on the Review.
    Now that it's officially out on the news stands, I hope that more people will be able to read it. I will be posting it on my website a little later on, so it can be viewed there as well.
    Thanks to all of you out there, who have given advise and tech. support along the way. Although my mando's. have done real well, I still ask alot of questions, and always welcome constructive critisisms.
    John
    www.jlsmithmandolins.com