Thread: Music Stores Sevierville/Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg

Default Music Stores Sevierville/Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg

What are the best stores in the area for a good variety of strings and picks?

The recent pick thread has me wanting to try some different picks and I need strings. Besides, I will need something to do while she is at the clothes outlets.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Music Stores Sevierville/Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg

Smoky Mountain Guitars
    335 Wears Valley Rd.
    Pigeon Forge, TN. 37863
    (865) 429-1156
    Great selection of high end mandolins-Ellis, Collings, Passernig, etc....and all accessories.

Music Outlet
    1050 Winfield Dunn Pkwy.
    Sevierville, TN. 37876
    (865) 453-1031
    Haven't been there yet - but they show at local festivals. The folks at both these stores I've talked with in the past have been super helpful and friendly - as you'll find most locals in the area. Someone else know anyplace else he should stop in? Have fun in the Smokies! Check for local bluegrass & old time picking in the Cades Cove & Cosby areas, something usually every weekend.
    Also alot of bluegrass shows daily at Dollywood.

Hey bbjokey - I was there a couple of weeks ago and I didn't go in but I did see one with bluegrass intruments sitting outside just off the main route going to Pigeon Forge about a mile from I 40.

I go there once a month and there is only one place to go to. The music outlet has the best instruments, Picks, and Strings selection.

Music Outlet and Smoky Mountain Guitars both are a must stop for your trip.
    "Can I have a little more talent in the monitors please?"

Well they are but Smokey Mountain Guitars is where you find Ellis, Collings, Duff, and different mandolins with higher prices. Then The Music Outlet has all kinds of Gibsons and Webers. But The Music Outlet is a good place to deal and get good new instruments at a low price.